Crookes History

Were the Crane brothers Victor, Anthony and Brian, think they used to live on Lydgate Lane ?

Yes they lived on Lydgate Lane. Whilst we are on about Lydgate lane . Does anyone remember the Chip Shop opp the Pub(which is now going to be houses)

It was pulled down because of subsidence.

Frank smith lived at 103 with his brother Donald and sister Margaret. 105 mule house road was Brammers corner shop I ought to know I married Peter. We went to live on TAsker RD Opp Joe Cocker his cousin was Eric. We remember the CRane Bros I believe one was killed at an early age.

Used to run around with Eric in the mid 60's. His younger brother Robert would come with us sometimes once he reached drinking age :-)

I only ever used it if I was walking home from the youth club on Cauldwell Lane crosspool. Used the one down School rd more. When did you live on Tasker? I lived there from 57 until 1966 then to School rd for a few years.

Do you remember the O'Neill brothers, Mick, Eddie and Robert

Yes they lived on Lydgate Lane. Whilst we are on about Lydgate lane . Does anyone remember the Chip Shop opp the Pub(which is now going to be houses)

It was pulled down because of subsidence.

Ok now wer'e at Lydget Lane, my cousins lived on the corner of Lydget and Cross lane. Strange houses the back windows were at street level on Cross Lane.

Do you remember the O'Neill brothers, Mick, Eddie and Robert

Was Robert the youngest ? I remember him as a ginger haired lad he was a few years older than me . Dont recall his brothers , know that one had a motor bike accident from the postings on SF. I used to live at the other end of Tasker. Robert lived near the top.

Was Robert the youngest ? I remember him as a ginger haired lad he was a few years older than me . Dont recall his brothers , know that one had a motor bike accident from the postings on SF. I used to live at the other end of Tasker. Robert lived near the top.

Yes that was Robert. Eddie was the middle one and my buddie at school. MIck was the eldest and hat the accident. Lost his leg I believe.

Ok now wer'e at Lydget Lane, my cousins lived on the corner of Lydget and Cross lane. Strange houses the back windows were at street level on Cross Lane.

Used to know a Mick Rattigan he lived on the left hand side going up lydgate withhis dad. He married a girl who used to live opposite me on Tasker.

Yes that was Robert. Eddie was the middle one and my buddie at school. MIck was the eldest and hat the accident. Lost his leg I believe.

Robert was a lovely kid he always was kind to us younger ones. We used to dangerously ride our scooters and bikes from the top of tasker to the bottom in the middle of the road.! I had a Triang scooter and the back wheel was always falling off he came out one day and mended it for me .lol What a hero.