Crookes History

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi to the Crookes people, I married a Girl from Crooks in 1958, her name was Pat Turner, she had a sister Jean, and a younger brother named Tony. She lived on a dead end road that backed onto the church (name ?).

The tram sheds were still open in those days, and I travelled on them many times. I worked as a TV Service Engineer at D.E.R. Ltd. on the top of Crookes, near to the Pub.

Does anyone remember those days of old?.

Edited by Peter Tottle

Hi to the Crookes people, I married a Girl from Crooks in 1958, her name was Pat Turner, she had a sister (name ?), and a younger brother named Tony. She lived on a dead end road that backed onto the church (name ?).

The tram sheds were still open in those days, and I travelled on them many times. I worked as a TV Service Engineer at D.E.R. Ltd. on the top of Crookes, near to the Pub.

Does anyone remember those days of old?.

Ever hear of a drummer called Norman Aistrop, 1958?

• 2 weeks later...

I was living on Bute Street in the 1960's and there was a gas explosion in a house on the corner of Bute Street and Elgin Street. it blew out most of the windows on Bute Street. Apparently, the lady of the house, left the gass ring on, whilst boiling an egg for breakfast!

I was living on Bute Street in the 1960's and there was a gas explosion in a house on the corner of Bute Street and Elgin Street. it blew out most of the windows on Bute Street. Apparently, the lady of the house, left the gass ring on, whilst boiling an egg for breakfast!

Did not hear about the gas explosion. I was doing my National Service in the RAF at that time.

The street where my outlaws lived was Nairn Street.

Edited by Peter Tottle