1981 price of beer

choogling

Black Swan = Black Velvet or Black and Tan, or anything but Sam Smith's bitter, neat

---------- Post added 14-10-2017 at 22:52 ----------

I know I answered your post already, but I was thinking of beer prices at that time. However, I must correct you on the timing of the British Steel strike it was the first 3 months of 1980, not 1981 as you stated.

i was talking to one of the strikers he said 1981 just going on what he said I couldn't remember the year and he said 54p in the grouse at stocksbridge.

Edited by choogling

i was talking to one of the strikers he said 1981 just going on what he said I couldn't remember the year and he said 54p in the grouse at stocksbridge.

I know the dates because the strike affected me as I was a contractor who did work at several BSC plants including Stocksbridge . Due to the strike I had to find other outlets for my skills. The price of beer I quoted was a ballpark guess on my part, as I knew it was around the 50p mark in those days, maybe a little less at clubs and legions.