Does motorway driving define where you are in society?

Sounds like my early driving days but the word classic would be banger and the solid would be solid ish

I've got the banger ATM :hihi:

No paint on the roof, and the exhaust is blowing and rattling. But it gets me around and keeps me warm in winter and cold in summer, that's all I need :D

I just like old cars.

Brake testing someone on a motor way , come on how stupid is that.

I would agree it is a risky practice (never said I do it on motorways) but then so is driving so close that "brake testing" is a problem and a lot, even the majority, of people do that.

Edited by TimmyR

Two wrongs don't make a right though, and worse comes to worse you cause a pile up, then can you imagine trying to explain yourself to a police officer or in court in front of a judge??

"This idiot behind was tail-gating me, so I thought the best thing to do was slam my brakes on and cause a big crash"

"Yes sir, I did it intentionally"

It's the very definition of Dangerous Driving, worse still you're actually putting your life in the hands of the same idiot who is driving too close to you in the first place - if they don't react in time you're both going to hospital!!!

There should be absolutely no need for any private ownership of cars, which pollute the atmosphere and have converted large parts of our beautiful green environment into ugly grey concrete and steel railings. Only businesses should be permitted to own private road transportation for genuine business use.

The rest of us should take public transport, which because the majority of society is using it would become fast, efficient and very, very cheap. All public transport would be under state ownership, road and rail, and heavily invested in to make it the very best in the world.

The days when people can get in a car to make a statement should be brought to an end.

And what about the situation where public transport does not service the area where you work and/or live? Or at the time that you are required to travel between home and place of work there is no public transport? And before you say 'move nearer to place of work', that may well not be possible when place of work can be different locations each day.

Two wrongs don't make a right though, and worse comes to worse you cause a pile up, then can you imagine trying to explain yourself to a police officer or in court in front of a judge??

"This idiot behind was tail-gating me, so I thought the best thing to do was slam my brakes on and cause a big crash"

"Yes sir, I did it intentionally"

It's the very definition of Dangerous Driving, worse still you're actually putting your life in the hands of the same idiot who is driving too close to you in the first place - if they don't react in time you're both going to hospital!!!

Ok so here's the thing. Everyone is assuming I slam my brakes on a motorway and cause piles up on a regular basis. what I do when on motorway is pull across or put my hazards on. On other roads I slow very gradually or put my hazards on. I was using exaggeration

Edited by TimmyR