Things you hear in an office that make you grind your teeth

1/ 'Are you having something nice for lunch?' Me...'Actually today I thought I'd Tupperware up the contents of my morning bowel movement for lunch, just for a change.'

2/ Thunderous sneezing by two staff in the office.

3/ Cascade it down to staff. No, I shall just pass it on.

As I have come across an few lately from a SCC contract I can tell you its not about what they are supposed to do. A jobsworth, as in these people want to follow the rules even if they are minor and petty even though its possible for them to be changed.

To answer the OP, its actually hearing someone grind their teeth. :hihi:

They are supposed to follow the rules no matter how minor they may appear to be. The people charged with following the rules do not have the power or authority to change the rules for very good reasons, such a thing is usually recognised as corruption.

:loopy:

---------- Post added 18-10-2017 at 08:21 ----------

Too true. You can bet the person saying it wouldn't risk their job for someone they don't know.

Worse, they will be the first in line to call for people to be sacked for not following the rules.

---------- Post added 18-10-2017 at 08:23 ----------

People who can't spell.

I mean frazers and Hozay?! Come on!

My biggest pet hate is self importance. Ooooh look at me, I'm so overworked that I have eleventy billion unread emails, as if neglecting emails is being good at your job.

Or project managers who actually think they are 'managers', no mate, you're managing a project, you're not my manager you imbecile.

Ahh yes, Project managers, people that operate with a total lack of reality, anything can be done within any timescale because that what they promised someone else.

---------- Post added 18-10-2017 at 08:25 ----------

Ask me again when their partners have lost their public-sector jobs thanks to Tory spending cuts

I know an openly conservative supporting Nurse who a few years ago was sharing an online petition asking people to sign it to get the Conservative Government to stop attacking Nurses pay, terms and conditions.

They are supposed to follow the rules no matter how minor they may appear to be. The people charged with following the rules do not have the power or authority to change the rules for very good reasons, such a thing is usually recognised as corruption.

:loopy:

---------- Post added 18-10-2017 at 08:21 ----------

Worse, they will be the first in line to call for people to be sacked for not following the rules.

---------- Post added 18-10-2017 at 08:23 ----------

Ahh yes, Project managers, people that operate with a total lack of reality, anything can be done within any timescale because that what they promised someone else.

---------- Post added 18-10-2017 at 08:25 ----------

I know an openly conservative supporting Nurse who a few years ago was sharing an online petition asking people to sign it to get the Conservative Government to stop attacking Nurses pay, terms and conditions.

I think PMs should have their job title changed. Something like 'spreadsheet filler inner' or 'stupid question asker.

I mean why do they ask how long something will take and then give a different deadline anyway.:rant:

well it’s good to know that not all tory voters are bigoted working-class loudmouths.

That’s summat new I learnt today :)

---------- Post added 18-10-2017 at 16:26 ----------

I think PMs should have their job title changed. Something like 'spreadsheet filler inner' or 'stupid question asker.

i believe the new title is “Scrum Master”

Why does everything have to be an acronym at work,it drives me mad.I get emails asking me for bkn and dlb reports and pn ,grn,snit and bilg,it drives me mad.:mad:.I always think of friends when chandler used to have a wenus and anus reports in the office he worked at.

• 2 months later...
Why does everything have to be an acronym at work,it drives me mad.I get emails asking me for bkn and dlb reports and pn ,grn,snit and bilg,it drives me mad.:mad:.I always think of friends when chandler used to have a wenus and anus reports in the office he worked at.

Yes. Most of them are not even proper acronyms either. According the a thing I saw called 'Oxford Engerlish Dictionary' this is what an acronym is:

An abbreviation formed from the initial letters of other words and pronounced as a word (e.g. ASCII, NASA).

A lot of what you hear in a workplace isn't even pronounced as a word. It's just loads of letters what don't spell nothing. Hoping for better in 2018.

Yes. Most of them are not even proper acronyms either. According the a thing I saw called 'Oxford Engerlish Dictionary' this is what an acronym is:

An abbreviation formed from the initial letters of other words and pronounced as a word (e.g. ASCII, NASA).

A lot of what you hear in a workplace isn't even pronounced as a word. It's just loads of letters what don't spell nothing. Hoping for better in 2018.

Perhaps you should spend more time reading the Oxford English Dictionary in 2018.