£2 pound coins info

Just been looking on eBay at 2 pound coins for sale can anyone tell me is there

A certain coin worth something or is it just people making it up as they go along

Same with the 50 pence I know the Kew Gardens is worth something but apart from that not sure about any other coin

Here's a link to The Sun which had an article about this recently: Rare £2 coins

Just checked my hoard of £2 coins and found two with the writing upside down on the edge. A quick look on eBay shows they are being offered at between £40 and £500.

Thanks jacklev. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 02-11-2017 at 14:50 ----------

Here's a link to The Sun which had an article about this recently: Rare £2 coins

Just checked my hoard of £2 coins and found two with the writing upside down on the edge. A quick look on eBay shows they are being offered at between £40 and £500.

Thanks jacklev. :thumbsup:

A slower look reveals that none have been sold. Another look on Google reveals:

The inscription on the edge of the coin AM I NOT A MAN AND A BROTHER is upside down when the coin is Obverse (heads) side up.

This is common on all two pound coins and is not a minting error as the inscription is not struck a certain way up. Any two pound coin can have the writing on the edge any way up.

There goes my holiday in the Bahamas! :(

Edited by max