Mr Trump - All discussion here

Does the owner ask that of all customers, though? I doubt it.

I doubt it Jeffrey; probably only the ones who are obviously and publically facilitating and promoting evil. You know, like decent people do?

The owner said this to her

“I explained that the restaurant has certain standards that I feel it has to uphold, such as honesty, and compassion, and cooperation".

“I said, ‘I’d like to ask you to leave.’ ”

Not really silly or bigoted, is it?

I still think it is. It'd be the same as if owner of vegan restaurant refused to let me in because I'm not vegan. In order to publicly express feelings of (false) moral superiority. Childish, silly, bigoted.

I still think it is. It'd be the same as if owner of vegan restaurant refused to let me in because I'm not vegan. In order to publicly express feelings of (false) moral superiority. Childish, silly, bigoted.

I know you still think it is. That's why you're trying desperately trying to label the restaurant owner as bigoted using particularly strange arguments.

Find an example of someone being refused service in a vegan restaurant for not being a vegan. We'll then see if it's the same.

I know you still think it is. That's why you're trying desperately trying to label the restaurant owner as bigoted using particularly strange arguments.

Find an example of someone being refused service in a vegan restaurant for not being a vegan. We'll then see if it's the same.

What strange arguments do you mean? It's pretty straightforward - bigot is obstinately attached to some creed, opinion, or practice, especially having or showing an attitude of hatred or intolerance toward the members of a particular group. That's the definition, straight from dictionary :) And it fits the restaurant owner.

What strange arguments do you mean? It's pretty straightforward - bigot is obstinately attached to some creed, opinion, or practice, especially having or showing an attitude of hatred or intolerance toward the members of a particular group. That's the definition, straight from dictionary :) And it fits the restaurant owner.

So you're saying the restaurant owner is a bigot because they called out an apologist for an alt-right racist. You need to recalibrate who the bigot is in this scenario.

So you're saying the restaurant owner is a bigot because they called out an apologist for an alt-right racist. You need to recalibrate who the bigot is in this scenario.

1. They didn't "called her out" since they refused any discussion and straight "kicked her out".

2. See my post above again and read the definition of bigot again. There doesn't have to be just one bigot. Bigots can exists on any end of spectra.

1. They didn't "called her out" since they refused any discussion and straight "kicked her out".

2. See my post above again and read the definition of bigot again. There doesn't have to be just one bigot. Bigots can exists on any end of spectra.

1. They didn't kick her out in a confrontational way - it was politely explained to her (outside, and after she had been served) what the feeling among the staff was, and was invited to leave, which she did. Importantly, she had already been served, so wasn't refused service on sight - that would be wrong.

2. What group is the restaurant being bigoted against? White racists? Anti-minority advocates? If that's the case there's plenty who would be happy to be called bigots, but they're not bigots are they, except in your scenario. But to be absolutely clear, this is not about asking someone to leave simply because they are Republicans. That would be bigoted. This is about challenging people who are very publicly defending Trump's immoral policies. That is not bigotry.

Which particular group?