Mr Trump - All discussion here

3 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

USA:

9 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

Added to the above, the electoral college are not legally bound to follow the outcome of the vote.

They could just ignore the public.

4 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Comparing with the USA:

We don't have a President.

We don't have an elected second house.

We don't have a Federal system.

A President can only serve two years.

People have a say who becomes the elected leader not a tiny minority of unrepresentitive club members.

Already said that.

I thought a President could stand for election twice, each term being 4 years. 

1 hour ago, spilldig said:

Difficult for you to understand democracy it seems.

I can spot BS when I see it :?

If the constitutional boundaries  were wrong before the vote why do you only mention it after Trump got voted in ?

I didn't say anything about "constitutional boundaries", merely that you were wrong to say Trump secured more votes.. he didn't....

It only takes a second to check.... clearly, you couldn't be bothered.

Difficult for you to understand democracy it seems. If the constitutional boundaries  were wrong before the vote why do you only mention it after Trump got voted in ?

Don't you remember the much bigger fuss that took place with Bush and Gore in 2000?

About 270 Florida voters decided the Presidency. This created 25 Electors, enough to swing the Electors College in the  favour of Bush.

Chads!

Can I just point out that the ‘electoral college’ system in the States for all its flaws, exists for the best of intentions.

By far the biggest population centres in the States are on the East and West coasts. In a direct representation system, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Boston and Washington would pretty much call all the shots. 

By weighting the number of electoral college representatives away from the large population centres and towards the less populated areas, the result of any election represents more accurately what ‘the whole of america’ wants.

9 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Don't you remember the much bigger fuss that took place with Bush and Gore in 2000?

About 270 Florida voters decided the Presidency. This created 25 Electors, enough to swing the Electors College in the  favour of Bush.

Chads!

Yes, but that's the way democracy works  and that is what I think Trump meant. I'e , if you don't like it then move to another country, at least I think that's what he meant, I hope that's what he meant  but he obviously should have phrased it better. I certainly may not agree with  first past the post, but that's the way it works and I accept it whether a particular vote goes my way or not.

3 hours ago, spilldig said:

Yes, but that's the way democracy works  and that is what I think Trump meant. I'e , if you don't like it then move to another country, at least I think that's what he meant, I hope that's what he meant  but he obviously should have phrased it better. I certainly may not agree with  first past the post, but that's the way it works and I accept it whether a particular vote goes my way or not.

What he said (to four women of colour) was thay "they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came."

A clearly racist statement.

Guest makapaka
50 minutes ago, Halibut said:

What he said (to four women of colour) was thay "they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came."

A clearly racist statement.

Agree.