Mr Trump - All discussion here

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

He should receive the same standard of justice as any other US citizen.

He won’t.

The county is a joke.

Yup, he's already not been handcuffed, had a photo taken or had bail ignored

As the dust settles, a few observations.

The Left are a little disappointed there were no handcuffs, no mugshots, or riots, and Trump supporters breathed a little easier.

It's old news, nothing new the public didn't know back in 2018, and when the FEC threw out the same charges, and State Attorneys declined to prosecute.

The case is a rehash of the sleazy tale of Stormy, a hooker, and her lawyer Avanatti, who is currently in jail for "Extortion", and a former Trump lawyer, Cohen, who has served jail time for crimes, including lying to Congress under oath.

And the main character, Trump, who is alleged to have availed himself of her services way back in 2006, then paid her hush money to keep her quiet, and allegedly falsified financial records relating to the payment.

It should be noted, Stormy has sued Trump for various alleged offenses, but has been unsuccessful. On the contrary. In fact, according to CNN:

"Daniels was ordered to pay Trump’s attorneys just over $120,000 in legal fees. That’s on top of the more than $500,000 in court-ordered payments to Trump attorneys she’s already been ordered to pay".

So another zealous Manhattan D.A. Alvin Bragg, who campaigned on a promise to get Trump, has dusted off this old sleazy soap opera stuff, referred to in the MSM, as the "Phoenix Case", and the "Zombie Case", and has found a willing Grand Jury to Indict him on 34 Counts.

After showing up to plead, "Not Guilty" Trump has now returned home to Florida to continue his campaign for U.S. President in 2024.

He will have to appear again in Manhattan December. (just co-incidently in the middle of the GOP Primary season :) ) which could be dangerous, as the date, time, and location is made public, and, given the U.S. history of asasination attempts, there's always a chance that some deranged "true patriot" who "wants to save Democracy" could be lurking in the vicinity.

President Biden, and former President Obama have a "no comment" response, as is the case of the malfeasance of their Intelligence Agencies, including the FBI

Bur Nancy Pelosi, showing either contempt for U.S. Law, or abjectly ignorant of it, had this prepared statement released:

"The Grand Jury has acted upon the facts and the law. No one is above the law, and everyone has the right to a trial to prove innocence"

Say what?. :)

So the World laughs, and is watching as China and Russia, Iran and Saudi Arabia and the rest of the Middle Eas are uniting, making Ukraine Peace Proposals, and furthering their goal of neutering the West.

Makes the selling of Western "values" and their New Liberal World Order, a difficult proposition, at best!

So the Long March to a One Party State, coninues, and it can only be interrupted by the that huge door they have just opened up, to investigate the corrupt Biden Family!

6 minutes ago, trastrick said:

The Left are a little disappointed there were no handcuffs, no mugshots, or riots, and Trump supporters breathed a little easier.

Why would you think it’s just the left who are disappointed with unequal treatment of individuals within the justice system?

Are you suggesting people on the right want an iniquitous justice system, if it furthers their agenda?

If so, I don’t think you’re being fair to either the left, or the right.

Why not disregard politics, and have all citizens subject to the same rule of law?

Just now, Waldo said:

Why not disregard politics, and have all citizens subject to the same rule of law?

Indeed!  :)

By the time he appears in Court  it will be well over 8 years of failed allegations against this innocent citizen, his family and friends.  :)

His opponents have never had the evidence that would hold up in a court of law,  only lies, hoaxes,, rumour and innuendo.

Not just the MSM, that's their "right",  but he has been maliciously , continually and endlessly persecuted by partisan political government agencies.

The rule of law is innocent until proven guilty.!

Edited by trastrick

8 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Got to admit , listening to Trumps speech , I believe him about the witch hunt.

I wouldn’t trust him any more than I would be able to flush him down my toilet.

I see him as a great manipulator, and he’ll try to stir up civil unrest in a bid to avoid prosecution and/or minimise punishment. His machinations are patently clear.

He absolutely should be subject to the same rule of law as everyone else in the US, and political considerations should not factor in.

Edited by Waldo
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I see him as a great manipulator, and he’ll try to stir up civil unrest in a bid to avoid prosecution and/or minimise punishment. His machinations are patently clear.

He absolutely should be subject to the same rule of law as everyone else in the US, and political considerations should not factor in.

Last paragraph. I agree with you. He mentioned that . Others seem to be getting away with it though .

Just now, Waldo said:

Any citizen has a right to be President in the U.S. A peanut farmer, a Hollywood actor, a serial womanizer, a businessman.

The people's choice!

"I wouldn’t trust him any more than I would be able to flush him down my toilet"

I feel the same way about Biden, but I wouldn't want to deprive folks like you of voting for him!  :)

Maybe the best 2 shots at nailing him, then move on! But not 7 or 8 years of the stuff. That's not citizen justice, or equality under the law..But it IS the Classic and historical case of rank partisan election interference and suppression of the vote!

How many shot's at nailing Trump have they had? And failed miserably. He's the leading Republican Candidate by far, and some recent polls have him beating Biden in 2024  :)

19 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Last paragraph. I agree with you. He mentioned that . Others seem to be getting away with it though .

I think the more powerful and influential you are; the more you get away with stuff.

In my book, that shouldn’t be the case, Trump should be subject to the same standards are the poorest, least influential US citizen.

10 minutes ago, trastrick said:

I feel the same way about Biden, but I wouldn't want to deprive folks like you of voting for him!  :)

What makes you think I’d vote for Biden?

Are you assuming that because I dislike Trump (I do) that means I’m pro Democrats?

Edited by Waldo