Mr Trump - All discussion here

35 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Why do you think that's silly? Lots of red states have introduced laws that have the effect of making it harder for Black people to vote. In overturning Roe v Wade, the supreme court referred to practices from the 13th century. These are people who want to go way back in time.

Suggesting that a huge chunk of America doesn't want black people to be free is the ramblings of a silly billy, or someone who reads weird lefty stuff.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Suggesting that a huge chunk of America doesn't want black people to be free is the ramblings of a silly billy, or someone who reads weird lefty stuff.

I started thinking about a new American civil war in about 2018. There was very little consideration of this as even a remote reality in the mainstream at that time, but now the decidedly sober and very much not lefty Chatham House thinks we need to be mindful of it as a possibility.

As they point out, the southern states never really accepted the outcome of the civil war.

I'll just leave this here for consideration
‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias   New York Times, via archive.ph

She seemed like the model tenant. A 33-year-old nurse who was living at the Y.W.C.A. in Harlem, she had come to rent a one-bedroom at the still-unfinished Wilshire Apartments in the Jamaica Estates neighborhood of Queens.

She filled out what the rental agent remembers as a “beautiful application.” She did not even want to look at the unit.
There was just one hitch: Maxine Brown was black.
Stanley Leibowitz, the rental agent, talked to his boss, Fred C. Trump.
“I asked him what to do and he says, ‘Take the application and put it in a drawer and leave it there,’” Mr. Leibowitz, now 88, recalled in an interview.

2 hours ago, Baz1 said:

Sad story of America- that some would still vote for a lying, cheating narcissist  to run their country. 

He’s only standing because he thought that it was a general erection.

10 minutes ago, crookesey said:

He’s only standing because he thought that it was a general erection.

What I can't understand is why a country the size of America can only find 2 old men to stand for President?

There must be thousand's of up and coming talented candidate's.

5 minutes ago, Padders said:

What I can't understand is why a country the size of America can only find 2 old men to stand for President?

There must be thousand's of up and coming talented candidate's.

Who are younger versions of the current two.

3 hours ago, Delbow said:

Why do you think that's silly? Lots of red states have introduced laws that have the effect of making it harder for Black people to vote. In overturning Roe v Wade, the supreme court referred to practices from the 13th century. These are people who want to go way back in time.

They weren’t there in the 13th century 

• Like 1