Mr Trump - All discussion here

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

The only surprise is that he's said it out loud. The fact that he tried to overturn the result of the last (fair and free) election is evidence that he doesn't like democracy and would do away with it if he could - it should be glaringly obvious by now that if he wins this year it's likely to be the last presidential election for quite a while.

Don't be silly.

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

As the Daddy would say, stop being silly!

He was in before and allowed the elections  that got him fired!

Kinda tried to overturn the result didn't he. Still claims he won despite losing over 60 lawsuits, some in front of judges he'd appointed, despite asking  the Georgia Secretary of State to find him over 11,700 votes etc.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/450979-mr-trump-all-discussion-here/?do=findComment&comment=8846509

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Don't be silly.

So what do you think he meant by;

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/jul/27/trump-speech-no-need-to-vote-future

“Christians, get out and vote! Just this time – you won’t have to do it any more,” the Republican former president said on Friday night at a rally hosted in West Palm Beach, Florida, by the far-right advocacy group Turning Point Action.

You know what? It’ll be fixed! It’ll be fine. You won’t have to vote any more, my beautiful Christians,” he said with a slight shake of his head and his right hand pressed against the left side of his chest.

He added: “I love you. Get out – you gotta get out and vote. In four years, you don’t have to vote again. We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not gonna have to vote.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, trastrick said:

You must have missed it!  

Here it is again.

Trump campaigned on, among other things, on No New Wars!

He kept his promise, and after Obama's failure to deter Russia in the Ukraine War 1, and before Biden's failure to deter Russia in Ukraine War 2, and Biden's failure to deter HAMAS  in its attack on Israel, the world was at relative peace, and arguing only over trade deals, and football clubs.

If you can't follow me so far, I'll try to make it real simple for you.

There are 2 restaurants down the street, when you eat at one, you get food poisoning, you try the other, and you stay healthy, but they shut it down so you have to go back to the first one. You get food poisoning again.

Then the good restaurant reopens under the same management.

It's Saturday, the family is hungry, Where do we eat tonight? is the cry.

The smart Mommy doesn't have to think twice, now does she?

"The smart Mommy doesn't have to think twice..." she thinks it through for herself, she walks back up the street and eats at home thus avoiding food poisoning from one and avoiding the very limited, simplistic, repetitive menu which is now well past its 'use by date'.

8 hours ago, Delbow said:

FFS, he's actually telling you what he's planning to do and you're thinking 'he's not planning to do that'

Even the Guardian admit to knowing it's just silly talk, even though they are making it their lead.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/jul/27/trump-speech-no-need-to-vote-future

Yet at the end of the hyperbole and childish melodrama....

Even if Trump wins a second White House term in November, the 22nd amendment of the US constitution – which was enacted in 1951 – would prevent him from serving as president beyond early 2029.

Simply proposing to change that amendment would require approval from two-thirds of both congressional chambers. Then, three-fourths of the US states would need to approve the change.

You probably think he is going to help Russia invade Poland as well don't you.

😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Yet at the end of the hyperbole and childish melodrama....

...is a small note that it wouldn't be Trump, but is actually entirely irrelevant and has no bearing on his claim that "you won't need to vote again".

Could quite eaily be "The Party", or some successor he annoints.

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

You probably think he is going to help Russia invade Poland as well don't you.

In this case, help would be doing nothing.

Beyond the realms of possibility?

It's the widely touted plan of Trumps current Vice Presidential pick, in regard to Ukraine.

13 hours ago, Delbow said:

FFS, he's actually telling you what he's planning to do and you're thinking 'he's not planning to do that'

"'I never thought leopards would eat MY face,' sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party."

#LeopardsAteMyFace 👍

38 minutes ago, Bamanamanana said:

"'I never thought leopards would eat MY face,' sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party."

#LeopardsAteMyFace 👍

When did this happen?

• Confused 1