Mr Trump - All discussion here

2 hours ago, Bamanamanana said:

Donald Trumps alarming cognitive decline deserves the scrutiny that Joe Biden received:

https://www.newstatesman.com/us-election-2024/2024/09/donald-trump-is-losing-it

It does, but is completely ignored by his cult followers.  I could never understand how anyone could ignore the fact that Trump is a  liar, rapist, misogynist, adulterer, mocker of the disabled and contemptuous of US military and continue to support him.

The link I posted provides the most credible explanation I've heard. Albert was right " Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not certain about the universe. "

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I could never understand how anyone could ignore the fact that Trump is a  liar, rapist, misogynist, adulterer, mocker of the disabled and contemptuous of US military and continue to support him.

They don't ignore it; they like it and they defend it.  They blame the victims and find it amusing.  Some people are deeply and disturbingly broken, as a search through the dregs of this thread will attest.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

They don't ignore it; they like it and they defend it.  They blame the victims and find it amusing.  Some people are deeply and disturbingly broken, as a search through the dregs of this thread will attest.

I do find some of the symbolism deeply odd, and it sadly seems to be pervading UK politics too, when you look at some of the AI generated images on social media in this country.

image_2024-09-04_123802156.png

Interesting transcript of an interview in the FT, (via archive.is)
The truth behind QAnon’s lies
Gideon Rachman talks to journalist and author Gabriel Gatehouse

Hello and welcome to the Rachman Review. I’m Gideon Rachman, chief foreign affairs commentator of the Financial Times. This week’s podcast is about conspiracy theories and American politics. My guest is Gabriel Gatehouse, author of a new book, The Coming Storm: A Journey into the Heart of the Conspiracy Machine.

Anyone who follows American politics will be familiar with a vast number of conspiracy theories floating around on a range of subjects like election fraud, Covid-19 or illegal immigration. But could those conspiracy theories actually affect the outcome of the presidential election and its aftermath?