Mr Trump - All discussion here

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

Trump has done well to get back into the presidential race, even if he doesn’t win it, after being dragged through the courts after leaving office which would have finished the career of most politicians he cane back fighting.

When you're considering voting for a convicted sex pest and fraudster, with multiple cases pending, it says at least as much about you as the candidate.

Highlights the Republican party has no "conservatives", by any stretch of the definition, left, and the low bar of personal decency/ethics of your average Trump supporter.

2 hours ago, hauxwell said:

He survived an attempted assassination and came out looking even stronger, he didn’t act like a coward on the stage after just being shot, he showed strength and bravery that day.

Ducked for cover, then stood up again after the threat had passed. Same as anyone else would have done.

No "strength and bravery" required.

He must have got some things right when he was President as he wouldn’t be in the race again and people simply would not vote for him if he had been that bad.

Rode the coat tails of the Obama economy until the first real test, Covid, came... where he dropped the ball and botched the response.

Could it be he put America first and not other countries?

Got any specific examples of this actually happening, and where it made a positive difference?

His political slogan, Make America Great Again, seems to be working with a large majority of Americans who are putting their trust in him once again.

It also means he failed.

Hence, voters preferred someone else. 🙄

• Like 1

Makes perfect sense as the only plausible explanation for Trump supporters. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck the chances are .........

On forums there's also the added input from WUMs of course who like to stir the pot for their own amusement.

3 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Makes perfect sense as the only plausible explanation for Trump supporters. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck the chances are...

You'd think, when Trump is accused of anything, some of his supporters would be prepared to stand up and say Trump is innocent...

...hardly ever happens though. 🙄

They always seem to forget that bit, and jump straight to "Trump should just get a pass, because... Trump".

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

Trump has done well to get back into the presidential race, even if he doesn’t win it, after being dragged through the courts after leaving office which would have finished the career of most politicians he cane back fighting. He survived an attempted assassination and came out looking even stronger, he didn’t act like a coward on the stage after just being shot, he showed strength and bravery that day.

He must have got some things right when he was President as he wouldn’t be in the race again and people simply would not vote for him if he had been that bad.  Could it be he put America first and not other countries?

His political slogan, Make America Great Again, seems to be working with a large majority of Americans who are putting their trust in him once again.

Trump appeals to a significant minority of Americans who buy into an America long gone.  And they know it.  Avoiding this reality goes hand in hand with avoiding recognizing the real person. Whatever he does or does not do, whatever he says or does not say, however criminal, immoral his action are does not matter to them because they want, they  need to believe in someone who will Make America Great Again. Far from being a Political slogan it is an image of an America taken straight out of a Hollywood soap. 

• Like 2

On 14/09/2024 at 07:56, Magilla said:

Despite inciting multiple bomb threats against local government buildings and schools, forcing evacuations, Trump continues spewing regardless:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/sep/14/more-bomb-threats-hit-springfield-ohio-after-trump-elevates-false-claims-about-haitians

Can only imagine the outrage if Jay Blades did this! 🙄

• Haha 1

IF Trump wins the election it will be interesting to see how Starmer gets on with him, will it be a political nightmare. As for Lammy after what he called Trump in the past will he butter up to Trump or just avoid him?
Trump threatened to pull out of NATO because some countries didn't cough up and pay there fair share, Germany and France being the worst offenders.  Hope they are contributing there fair share now, can't see Trump putting up with it. It will also be interesting to see if Trump continues to send weapons to Ukraine or simply wash his hands and stop funding Ukraine.

On the other hand it might be Harris who is the next President.

I see that Eddy Grant is the latest in a long line of musicians who have requested or demanded that the Trump campaign stops using their songs at rallies.

These range from ABBA to Neil Young.

Other than Roseanne Barr singing The Star Spangled Banner I am struggling to find a song that might fit the bill.

Any ideas?

Well,as Kayne West( as was) wanted to be Trumps VP maybe he could knock a tune out.

We will have to park his ovowed praise of Hitler and ranpant anti Semitism and taking the sieg heiling Nick Feuntes for tea at Mar o Largo.

I'm not as familiar with American musicians as I am British ones....I suppose he could borrow a ditty from a British right wing musician - there's Gary Barlow, er Cilla Black, Geri Halliwell, Tony Hadley....

(though that might get into trouble with his erstwhile bandmates ). Bit of a shame really as I think their No1 Gold would be a fitting song for the orange man.

13 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I'm not as familiar with American musicians as I am British ones....I suppose he could borrow a ditty from a British right wing musician - there's Gary Barlow, er Cilla Black, Geri Halliwell, Tony Hadley....

(though that might get into trouble with his erstwhile bandmates ). Bit of a shame really as I think their No1 Gold would be a fitting song for the orange man.

Why would Tony Hadley get into trouble with his bandmates?