Mr Trump - All discussion here

On the particular point of a country's ability to accommodate people. The UK has a population density of 702 people per square mile. For the US it's 86 people per square mile. (Source here.) Even allowing for the areas of the US that are uninhabitable (desert, etc.) the US has plenty of room for more people.

Thanks for the contribution altus, if this is the case then surely the US Government should be looking at at bringing people in and should introduce policies to make this happen, I also think that there needs to be balance where everyone is content, I say content because obviously wages need to be of a reasonable amount and acceptable for all workers so that they can afford to live in an acceptable manner.

---------- Post added 25-06-2018 at 10:57 ----------

Once again I'm using your words (gripe)

Do you think that Trumps policy on import tariffs is good or bad and does that help you form an opinion on Trump?

Trumps import tariffs currently have no impact on my lifestyle at all, if they do I will let you know my opinion.

Edited by samonosuke

Trumps import tariffs currently have no impact on my lifestyle at all, if they do I will let you know my opinion - as I assume that you are dying to label me one way or another.

I'm not trying to label you. I just think you should stop being disingenuous in claiming you have no opinion.

It's obvious that you do.

Thanks for the contribution altus, if this is the case then surely the US Government should be looking at at bringing people in and should introduce policies to make this happen, I also think that there needs to be balance where everyone is content, I say content because obviously wages need to be of a reasonable amount and acceptable for all workers so that they can afford to live in an acceptable manner.

People brought in officially = people paid at least minimum wage = more expensive than illegal immigrants.

I have been reading this topic for a while now and although I have no real opinion on Trump a lot of people on here seem to hate him and selectively ignore the positive news and always focus on the bad news like the current issues with immigration. Here's the thing - how would you go about solving the immigration crisis or would you just let everyone who wishes to come to a country in? I am not advocating any approach I am just asking a question in the hope that someone offers an alternative solution that works.

I am in no way supportive of the American policy of splitting families up but this was started under previous administrations, it just seems that the Democrats have an habit of directing everything at Trump and I believe that this shifts the focus away from the real issue.

Looking forward to your reasonably thought out answers. Thanks

He’s far easier to hate than to love, as is Boris, he will receive far more vitriol on his state visit to the UK than some of the murdering despots that the Queen has previously lorded around the capital. He has been called everything from a pig to a dog by the forum’s usual suspects, even whilst attempting to break the ice between North and South Korea, and anyone with the temerity to question the hate brigade is vilified, get used to it, it’s only a forum. ;)

I'm not trying to label you. I just think you should stop being disingenuous in claiming you have no opinion.

It's obvious that you do.

What is your problem? I have told you I have no opinion yet you still insist that I do. Stop trying to label me and stop trying to pretend you know what I think.

What is your problem? I have told you I have no opinion yet you still insist that I do. Stop trying to label me and stop trying to pretend you know what I think.

You're being disingenuous, that's my problem.

For example, you have an opinion on Trump's immigration policies, yet you have no opinion on Trump.

How about this, do you have an opinion on Kim Jong-un?

You're being disingenuous, that's my problem.

For example, you have an opinion on Trump's immigration policies, yet you have no opinion on Trump.

How about this, do you have an opinion on Kim Jong-un?

How about this - No, stop being an idiot.

Edited by samonosuke

Come on, try to be nice.

Do you have an opinion on Kim Jong-un?

No I do not, I do not know enough about North Korea, I have never been there, I am not affected by anything that they do and I only know what is reported in the news. To us he may seem like a bad person, to North Koreans he may be a good person, who's to tell? I assume that you have never been to NK so I assume that your opinions are made by what you have read. I have now lived long enough to see the influence that the media have over the minds of people and I choose not to believe everything that is printed. BTW - Don't you think that it is a travesty that a majority of news corporations choose either the left or right and no longer choose to report the news with no political leanings?

Edited by samonosuke

No I do not, I do not know enough about North Korea, I have never been there, I am not affected by anything that they do and I only know what is reported in the news. To us he may seem like a bad person, to North Koreans he may be a good person, who's to tell? I assume that you have never been to NK so I assume that your opinions are made by what you have read. I have now lived long enough to see the influence that the media have over the minds of people and I choose not to believe everything that is printed. BTW - Don't you think that it is a travesty that a majority of news corporations choose either the left or right and no longer choose to report the news with no political leanings?

Good reply. :thumbsup: