Mr Trump - All discussion here

Trump seems to be doing a very good job in America. I am actually looking forward to his visit.

Have you any evidence to support that claim?

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 17:52 ----------

Do you think tolerance is a good thing?

He is certainly putting right a lot of the wrong decisions made by the previous president , like immigration for starters. His tough stance on immigration is something our Government should be looking at .

you talk a lot about "the left" to say you are supposedly of neither persuasion :suspect:

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 17:47 ----------

to help find and bring his ball back?

I talk of the left that think it is acceptable to attack people who they disagree with, isn't that how the Nazis started?

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 17:59 ----------

Well i didn't change the subject, all I did was refer back to what you'd posted before. Which was nice and hypocritical.

Nevertheless, what happened in the burger place was irrational and ridiculous. Here's the thing though, there's a claim that the attack was unprovoked, yet there's a video showing the exact point the drink was thrown in the face of the person involved.

If you look at the video, his companions are reading their phones. So either the attack was provoked and there's video showing that's the case but has conveniently not been shown. Or the video was started the second before the drink was thrown by someone in an obvious confrontation, he'd already lost the hat. Yet his friends didn't video it, he did.

What do you think is the more likely?

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 17:51 ----------

That's weird.

“We were shocked to see this video and certainly don’t condone this type of customer behavior in our restaurants,” Whataburger corporate communications told the Washington Examiner. “To be clear, no Whataburger employees were involved or witnessed the incident, and we ask that questions be directed to San Antonio PD as we continue supporting their efforts.”

That's it Snaily you stick up for the fascist and blame the 16 year old child.

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 18:01 ----------

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 17:52 ----------

Do you think tolerance is a good thing?

I think tolerance is a good thing, I don't think anyone should be persecuted for their opinions unlike you.

I talk of the left that think it is acceptable to attack people who they disagree with, isn't that how the Nazis started?

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 17:59 ----------

That's it Snaily you stick up for the fascist and blame the 16 year old child.

So you missed the point where I said it was irrational and ridiculous?

Do you take everything on face value, or only when it suits?

Did you even look at the video?

I think tolerance is a good thing, I don't think anyone should be persecuted for their opinions unlike you.

Do you think Mr Trump is a tolerant person?

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 18:05 ----------

No, they started just like Mr Trump, by blaming all of societies ills on particular groups they disliked. With the Nazis it was the Jews, with Mr Trump its immigrants.

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 18:10 ----------

Samsonuke were you unaware that attacks on minorities are on the rise in the US under Mr Trump's administration?

Furthermore, since you clearly find violence abhorrent, why do you not condemn Mr Trump's use of violent rhetoric?

Have a look at this handy video, which shows Trump advocating violence and tell us what you think https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000004269364/trump-and-violence.html

Edited by Halibut

Do you think Mr Trump is a tolerant person?

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 18:05 ----------

No, they started just like Mr Trump, by blaming all of societies ills on particular groups they disliked. With the Nazis it was the Jews, with Mr Trump its immigrants.

Aren't you blaming all societies ills on Trump? does that seem familiar?

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 18:26 ----------

So you missed the point where I said it was irrational and ridiculous?

Do you take everything on face value, or only when it suits?

Did you even look at the video?

So what you are saying is that even with the proof there you still deny that this happened? What you are suggesting is that the child deserved being hit by the adult, good to know where you stand when it comes common sense and decency.

Edited by samonosuke

So what you are saying is that even with the proof there you still deny that this happened? What you are suggesting is that the child deserved being hit by the adult, good to know where you stand when it comes common sense and decency.

No, I can see that the drink being thrown happened, where have I denied it? That's all we can see as the video is only available from that point.

No I'm not suggesting that the child deserved to be hit by the adult.

Where do you get this from? All you have to do is ask me what I think rather than stating my position for me and passing judgement in the same sentence.

Do you think it's likely there's more video that would show what happened before the drink was thrown?

No, I can see that the drink being thrown happened, where have I denied it? That's all we can see as the video is only available from that point.

No I'm not suggesting that the child deserved to be hit by the adult.

Where do you get this from? All you have to do is ask me what I think rather than stating my position for me and passing judgement in the same sentence.

Do you think it's likely there's more video that would show what happened before the drink was thrown?

So what you are saying that the child may have deserved it?

So what you are saying that the child may have deserved it?

No, I'm saying it would be good to know what happened before the drink was thrown. Getting the full picture.

No, I'm saying it would be good to know what happened before the drink was thrown. Getting the full picture.

What do you think? What could have happened before that would justify such a reaction?