Mr Trump - All discussion here

It must have been a good day to be a burglar in London today with all those empty properties around Islington, Notting Hill, Hackney & Shoreditch (posh bits of course)?

While I applaude we live in a society where we can protest, (mainly brought about by the working class struggle), had to laugh at the white, middle class family, middle aged, balding dad wearing a "I'm a femenist because I'm a"...(BBC wouldn't show the rest), t-shirt; his wife with a 'Dump Trump' t-shirt & their similarly dressed 3 children who they had took out of school for the day to join the protest. Something tells me they won't be find by the school on Monday!

Still it was.a nice day out & will be a good talking point at the next evening soiree.

From what I saw of London protest on the news, most appeared to less intrested in the politics & more interested in getting the perfect selfie for their Facebook / WhatsApp profiles.

What's the connection between the Trump protest and the homeless?

Ah, so you don't see the selectivity of what the liberal middle classes now choose to march about.

The most vicious and destructive thing Trump has done so far - his $1.5 trillion tax cut for the rich and the corporations, to be paid for by slashing public services and welfare support for the most needy - isn't on the radar at these protests, perhaps because it can't be simplistically denounced as racist or misogynistic or homophobic. But I think that's why I'll be protesting. I don't care what Trump's personal feelings or attitudes about race, gender or sexuality are. I don't care that he's a crass buffoon whose personal manner besmirches the high office of president. In fact, this very manner strips the veneer of 'civilisation' from that office and reveals the American empire for what it is - a brutal machine for exercising economic and military dominance whose benefits accrue to the rich and powerful. A bit of me suspects that's what's behind so much of the liberal handwringing about Trump - horror at his willingness to expose the crude mechanisms of power that underpin myths of American self-righteousness, democracy and 'freedom'.

btw, this was a comment on a left wing blog..

It must have been a good day to be a burglar in London today with all those empty properties around Islington, Notting Hill, Hackney & Shoreditch (posh bits of course)?

Weird, 'cos the ones I saw had taken the day off and travelled to London from all parts of the UK.

While I applaude we live in a society where we can protest, (mainly brought about by the working class struggle), had to laugh at the white, middle class family, middle aged, balding dad wearing a "I'm a femenist because I'm a"...(BBC wouldn't show the rest), t-shirt; his wife with a 'Dump Trump' t-shirt & their similarly dressed 3 children who they had took out of school for the day to join the protest. Something tells me they won't be find by the school on Monday!

Still it was.a nice day out & will be a good talking point at the next evening soiree.

Envy never gets you anywhere.

From what I saw of London protest on the news, most appeared to less intrested in the politics & more interested in getting the perfect selfie for their Facebook / WhatsApp profiles.

Aye, 'cos what use could social media possibly be during a protest ;)

Clearly it's got you upset, why not just say as much rather than this silly "class" dance?

Ah, so you don't see the selectivity of what the liberal middle classes now choose to march about.

btw, this was a comment on a left wing blog..

What left wing blog?

---------- Post added 13-07-2018 at 21:12 ----------

Its his fault , surely you know that

Don't talk daft Hackenthorpe and stick to commenting on frocks.

What left wing blog?

---------- Post added 13-07-2018 at 21:12 ----------

Don't talk daft Hackenthorpe and stick to commenting on frocks.

Now you've asked , I did notice how splendidly Melania was dressed when she visited that school this afternoon but even I was shocked by the elegance of the frock she wore to meet Her majesty the Queen . It was her best yet . I doubt she will dress as well for her meeting with Putin

Now you've asked , I did notice how splendidly Melania was dressed when she visited that school this afternoon but even I was shocked by the elegance of the frock she wore to meet Her majesty the Queen . It was her best yet . I doubt she will dress as well for her meeting with Putin

My favourite banner at today's protest in London was the one which read

'Without immigrants, Trump wouldn't have Wives''