Mr Trump - All discussion here

3 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Shouldn't you folks be more concerned with what's about to happen in the UK rather than slagging the leader of a foreign country? You guys are anti-Trump 24/7, yet he has no say whatsoever in the current crisis that your own country faces. Get a grip people and be more concerned about your own backyard before complaining about the other guy's. Man, some of you are obsessed with the guy.

This thread is about The Trump..if you want to discuss Brexit why not contribute to the Brexit thread?

5 hours ago, Magilla said:

Says the poster who's obsessed with coming up with excuses for him! :rolleyes:

‘Complete, total surrender’: Why Trump waved the white flag

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/25/trump-goverment-shutdown-over-1128594

I have no interest in defending Trump whatsover.I have better things to do than worry about what the guy is doing or not doing. If he ever does something that negatively affects my life or my family's lives, I will stand up and be counted. Geez, I don't even like the guy but ,in my view, that is no reason to slag him at every opportunity.

2 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

I have no interest in defending Trump whatsover.I have better things to do than worry about what the guy is doing or not doing. If he ever does something that negatively affects my life or my family's lives, I will stand up and be counted. Geez, I don't even like the guy but ,in my view, that is no reason to slag him at every opportunity.

Don't be a snowflake

10 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

yet he has no say whatsoever in the current crisis that your own country faces.

Really?

It is almost certain that the Russian assets who helped the Leave campaign in the EU referendum are the same people who helped Trump get elected. Also many leave supporters saw economic salvation through a low wage/low standards trade agreement with the US. It now looks like Trump is waging a trade war with the rest of the world which means the chance of any kind of favourable deal for the UK has gone up in smoke.

Don't really have much time for him but fair play to him on this one. 

Piece in today's 'i' newspaper & not widely reported at the time, certainly over here but during the 2016 US election, Trump pledge not to accept the $400,000 a year Presidential salary if he was elected. 

He's just given $100,000 to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse & Alcoholism. 

Fair enough he's billionaire but I bet Hillary has a few millions in the bank & nobody is mentioning she didn't make the same promise.

Some of our millionaire politicians, from all mainstream parties aught to take note as well. 

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

3 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Some of our millionaire politicians, from all mainstream parties aught to take note as well. 

Are you really that naive?

People like Trump have advisors and PR people to decide what to give and who to give it to for the best public response.

If this 'generosity' wasn't made public, do you really think that he would bother?

59 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Fair enough he's billionaire but I bet Hillary has a few millions in the bank & nobody is mentioning she didn't make the same promise.

Hillary doesn't have a string of hotel and golf courses to do government business at. Trump routinely conducts government business at his businesses. Those weekend trips to Trumps Mar-a-Lago golf resort cost the US tax payer about $3.5m a pop and he spends most weekends there. You need to look at the bigger picture.

49 minutes ago, altus said:

Hillary doesn't have a string of hotel and golf courses to do government business at. Trump routinely conducts government business at his businesses. Those weekend trips to Trumps Mar-a-Lago golf resort cost the US tax payer about $3.5m a pop and he spends most weekends there. You need to look at the bigger picture.

No there was only the Whitewater issue that somehow the Clinton's never appeared to be involved in & it's a good job old Bill wasn't President at the moment, what with his alleged indiscretions, (poor old Hillary. Always wondered why such a tough, intelligent, successful career woman stuck with the POTUS? ), &  the 'Me Too Movement'.  

Well apparently the Clinton's as a couple are worth $189 million, of which Hillary is personally worth $51 million according to Forest as of 2017.

As I said.  Not a fan of Trump but others appear more litish grey than whiter than white? 

Edited by Baron99
Amendments