Mr Trump - All discussion here

3 hours ago, apelike said:

I agree to most of that but the Guardian stating it as a "powerful industrial bleach" when it isn't is stretching their credibility a bit too far as the only link it has to Chlorine Bleach is just the name Chlorine. I think someone somewhere in the USA has got a bit mixed up as Chlorine Dioxide actually does have anti viral properties and is/was? also used to sterilise the water we drink. As for the chemical composition and reaction it is totally different to Chlorine bleach.

A frankly ridiculous attempt at excusing what's quite obviously the ramblings of a dangerously stupid and irresponsible idiot. 

14 minutes ago, Halibut said:

A frankly ridiculous attempt at excusing what's quite obviously the ramblings of a dangerously stupid and irresponsible idiot. 

That’s true.

Perhaps most will settle for a chlorinated chicken,but there’s always somebody without a degree in chemistry.

So now he storms out of one briefing and then cancels the next because all the reporters only ask “hostile “ questions.

It's not worth his time and effort apparently.

If anything he seems to have been given an easy ride so far .

Now is not the time for any leader to abdicate responsibility .

The next few days will be interesting as Trump steps back and Boris re-emerges.

21 hours ago, Pettytom said:

I don’t understand what you mean.

Chlorine Dioxide is a bleach. It also contains Chlorine, so it is a chlorine bleach.

It may have a different composition to household bleach (which has a variety of compositions anyway, depending upon pH) but it is still a chlorine bleach.

But it is not used as powerful industrial bleach like Chlorine is, as made out by the Guardian.

https://www.scotmas.com/chlorine-dioxide/what-is-chlorine-dioxide.aspx

https://www.scotmas.com/chlorine-dioxide/why-is-clo2-different-to-chlorine.aspx?locale=en

It is used to treat drinking water and also treat water used to feed poultry in poultry farms.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/chlorine-dioxide

21 hours ago, Pettytom said:

It is also lunacy to suggest injecting it to kill Covid 19.

I agree and have stated such.

19 hours ago, Halibut said:

Not excusing it at all in fact you could also post this other bit of mine from a previous comment to put it in perspective.

Partial quote:

"Although having said that I wouldn't drink or inject it into my body though."

19 minutes ago, apelike said:

But it is not used as powerful industrial bleach like Chlorine is, as made out by the Guardian.

https://www.scotmas.com/chlorine-dioxide/what-is-chlorine-dioxide.aspx

https://www.scotmas.com/chlorine-dioxide/why-is-clo2-different-to-chlorine.aspx?locale=en

It is used to treat drinking water and also treat water used to feed poultry in poultry farms.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/chlorine-dioxide

I agree and have stated such.

I don’t know how “powerful” you want your bleach to be. Chlorine Oxide is potentially fatal to humans.  That’s quite powerful enough in my opinion 

Additionally,  it usually contains elemental Chlorine as an impurity. That makes it pretty unpleasant stuff.

42 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I don’t know how “powerful” you want your bleach to be. Chlorine Oxide is potentially fatal to humans.  That’s quite powerful enough in my opinion 

Additionally,  it usually contains elemental Chlorine as an impurity. That makes it pretty unpleasant stuff.

But I did not state Chlorine Oxide? was not fatal to humans. Chlorine Dioxide may be toxic to humans but that also depends on its concentration. Chlorine is also the same but we have trace amounts in our drinking water left from it being processed for us to drink, it is also added to swimming pools. Hydrogen Peroxide for instance can used as a bleach substitute and also be fatal if injected or ingested but I use it occasionally as a mouthwash and mild antibacterial. Sodium Hypochlorite may also be toxic in concentration but it is also used for sterilising babies bottles as well.

It's a bit like the chlorinated chicken debate.

Edited by apelike

23 hours ago, apelike said:

It's a matter of putting it in perspective as it's not all fake though as injecting the stuff or drinking it could have bad consequences. What I have problems with is the way the Guardian is constantly hyping up the biased reporting to make it appeal to those that like to believe it to be true. 

No - the Guardian story linked to an earlier article which quoted the "miracle cure" MMS being pushed by a US "church".

"the chemical cannot be sold for human consumption. In 2010, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) put out a public warning after it was notified of many injuries to consumers from drinking the fluid, with symptoms that included nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, severe dehydration and one person who had a life-threatening reaction.

The FDA issued the blunt advice: “Consumers who have MMS should stop using it immediately and throw it away.

This sort of stuff has been going on for years in conspiracy theory circles in the USA promoting all sorts of quack cures for cancer etc

Edited by Longcol

11 minutes ago, Longcol said:

No - the Guardian story linked to an earlier article which quoted the "miracle cure" MMS being pushed by a US "church".

"the chemical cannot be sold for human consumption. In 2010, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) put out a public warning after it was notified of many injuries to consumers from drinking the fluid, with symptoms that included nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, severe dehydration and one person who had a life-threatening reaction.

The FDA issued the blunt advice: “Consumers who have MMS should stop using it immediately and throw it away.

This sort of stuff has been going on for years in conspiracy theory circles in the USA promoting all sorts of quack cures for cancer etc

Sorry not too sure what you mean by no.... As I only read the bits that people have linked to on here I would not read the other Guardian bits or links as I try my best to avoid Guardian articles.

Edited by apelike

1 hour ago, apelike said:

But I did not state Chlorine Oxide? was not fatal to humans. Chlorine Dioxide may be toxic to humans but that also depends on its concentration. Chlorine is also the same but we have trace amounts in our drinking water left from it being processed for us to drink, it is also added to swimming pools. Hydrogen Peroxide for instance can used as a bleach substitute and also be fatal if injected or ingested but I use it occasionally as a mouthwash and mild antibacterial. Sodium Hypochlorite may also be toxic in concentration but it is also used for sterilising babies bottles as well.

It's a bit like the chlorinated chicken debate.

This is nothing like the chlorinated chicken debate.

This is POTUS suggesting that injecting powerful oxidising agents into the bloodstream, could be a way to tackle Covid 19. He’s an idiot and you are splitting hairs to try to discredit a very good bit of journalism from the Guardian.

Incidentally, Hydrogen Peroxide is a bleach, not a bleach substitute. Nevertheless, you’d be in a pretty poor state if you didn’t have some in your body.