Mr Trump - All discussion here

The term of an American president is four years.

I know, he's going to win the next one. He's not actually stopped his campaign rallies and is solidifying the support of his core voters. You might find lots of people who regret voting brexit, I've not seen much in the news about people regretting voting for trump.

If the economy is slightly up in the rust belt he might even get more votes!

I’m not going to defend the alleged language, and I have very different views to Trump but the sentiment he expressed does have some context. The racism wasn’t the point- he didn’t say those things so he could be seen as a racist. He said them because he’s a right wing economic nationalist, and people with similar views would ask the same questions: why should immigrants with poor skills and educational backgrounds be protected when Americans are being displaced from jobs by them. Similar sentiments drove Brexit in part.

I’m not going to defend the alleged language, and I have very different views to Trump but the sentiment he expressed does have some context. The racism wasn’t the point- he didn’t say those things so he could be seen as a racist. He said them because he’s a right wing economic nationalist, and people with similar views would ask the same questions: why should immigrants with poor skills and educational backgrounds be protected when Americans are being displaced from jobs by them. Similar sentiments drove Brexit in part.

Then perhaps he should ask himself why the majority of his staff at Trump Towers and all his luxurious golf resorts aren't white hillbilly American folk who he professes to love so much?

If he hates immigrants so much.....why does he employ so many of them?

I know, he's going to win the next one. He's not actually stopped his campaign rallies and is solidifying the support of his core voters. You might find lots of people who regret voting brexit, I've not seen much in the news about people regretting voting for trump.

If the economy is slightly up in the rust belt he might even get more votes!

Not a chance he will win the next one. The biggest mistake the dems made was pitting Clinton forward again. They won't make the same mistake again. They'll go for someone very popular. Maybe a celebrity, Oprah perhaps? Even Sanders would beat trump next time.

anyone who has travelled will know exactly what he means by a ****hole country and agree with him.

He's talking about the people from the country,not the country,he's stereotyping them..........all of them.

---------- Post added 13-01-2018 at 00:51 ----------

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/12/us-ambassador-to-the-hague-apologizes-for-making-muslim-remarks-after-denial

Another liar here,in the footsteps of Trump.

Not a chance he will win the next one. The biggest mistake the dems made was pitting Clinton forward again. They won't make the same mistake again. They'll go for someone very popular. Maybe a celebrity, Oprah perhaps? Even Sanders would beat trump next time.

There wasn't a chance he'd win the last one! Is there one democrat that is already rising to the top that I don't know about? I heard a "funny" on Friday night comedy on radio 4 comparing the first 12 months of trump with others. He's not led them to war on two fronts, South Korea and North Korea are talking, Syria is better than how he found it, there more jobs than ever and the Dow jones is at a record high. As I said earlier, if the rust belt picks up he's not going to give a toss how people in New York or LA are going to vote!

---------- Post added 13-01-2018 at 01:13 ----------

He's talking about the people from the country,not the country,he's stereotyping them..........all of them.

---------- Post added 13-01-2018 at 00:51 ----------

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/12/us-ambassador-to-the-hague-apologizes-for-making-muslim-remarks-after-denial

Another liar here,in the footsteps of Trump.

That was funny. Those Dutch journos don't mess about!

Grab them by the pussy?

I think you're confusing what you think is right with what is actually politically correct and offensive?

Haha, yeah maybe.

Or... maybe I don't get offended at every little thing that's said and try and turn it into a political, racist or religious slur. I believe some are genuinely hurt by comments about their race etc. I also believe that others just like to be against it to come across as being very PC and get a kick out of adding fuel to a fire.