Mr Trump - All discussion here

11 minutes ago, WoolyWoodWalker said:

The link to the post doesn't work. As I remember it he said 'they're sending us their rapists' As in the Mexican government is glad to get rid of their sexual deviants. The vast majority of female illegal immigrants are raped by Coyotes (traffickers) 80%

So there are some 'bad hombres' to quote DJT coming over the border. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/central-america-migrants-rape_n_5806972?ri18n=true&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9jb25zZW50LnlhaG9vLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAABaPTFAmUDSJynkryixvO4YTDwtuHoV3wfO-bzqZO-223Mdmqw5iTKxLnmtpEbwA65W7rFshpt58_sHiQoO6lRTtwD0c2ZShmM7068E7hIUPrUwq__SBkOPHnngdycLk9WiGUa4QxieK76zdat-9EDFG24UpqkEIjQVL0YNGuZZ5

Here he is stating that. There's plenty of Mexicans working for him as if he'd call them ALL rapists. It's fake news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jaz1J0s-cL4&t=54s

See your previous post 4047

10 minutes ago, Joe-b-1 said:

See your previous post 4047

We've got our wires crossed somewhere I thought the link was about him saying Mexicans are rapist. I know he said disinfectant might be able to treat Corona but I don't think he said inject bleach or swallow it as is being reported. He meant in the future maybe they will be able to treat viruses like that. Who knows what they'll be able to do in the future. We uses antiseptic all the time on the outside of the body.

2 minutes ago, CaptainSwing said:

In terms of policy - economic policy at least - there really isn't much to choose between them.  Arguably Clinton was a bit more right wing than Trump [ https://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2016 ].  Maybe they represent slightly different groups of billionaires.  But, given the choice between Trump and Clinton (or Biden), I think I'd have to abstain, or vote for the Green candidate, which amounts to the same thing under the American system.

I've heard it said many times that Trump is the most liberal Republican ever to hold office.

14 minutes ago, CaptainSwing said:

By whom?  More liberal than Lincoln?  Eisenhower?  Nixon even?

Also, what do you mean by 'liberal'?  Liberal in the sense of positive liberty or negative liberty?  Economically liberal or socially liberal?  Or both?

Clinton was less illiberal on 'social' questions, but slightly more liberal (right wing) in economic terms.

CaptainSwing, the real thing.

Edited by Mister Gee

12 hours ago, Branyy said:

No excuse for either of that.

For example right at the beginning: "proposing intravenous Lysol as a coronavirus" - false.

A very, very weak objection. 

OK - not exactly Trump but Mike Pompeo, US Secretary of State contradiciting himself on the origins of Covid-19.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/03/mike-pompeo-donald-trump-coronavirus-chinese-laboratory

At one point, the secretary of state appeared confused over whether he was claiming the Sars-CoV-2 virus (which causes the Covid-19 disease) was deliberately engineered or escaped as the result of a lab accident. “Look, the best experts so far seem to think it was manmade. I have no reason to disbelieve that at this point,” he said.

But when he was reminded that US intelligence had issued a formal statement noting the opposite – that the scientific consensus was that the virus was not manmade or genetically modified – Pompeo replied: “That’s right. I agree with that.”

The Donald sure knows how to pick his team 😎

And in more dystopian madness Trumps 'plan' to end lockdown will surely see the numbers of dead to keep on rising for a very long time to come. It comes to something when you read a piece like this and think 'Maybe our shambolic dung show of a Government aren't that bad really' - https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/03/donald-trump-reopen-us-economy-lethal-robert-reich?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other&fbclid=IwAR1CwScEUohFhGGcLtiT_rnh1S49u638aSkCGXZnHnzB2wKTJq_vDoaxGeQ

On 02/05/2020 at 19:30, altus said:

But not the bit about Trump suggesting injecting disinfectant could work as a cure for coronavirus.

Especially that bit. I've posted quotation of the article earlier. It doesn't correspond to what Trump said.

On 03/05/2020 at 06:48, Halibut said:

A very, very weak objection. 

I think pointing out false information (especially coming from a journalist) is very valid objection.

13 minutes ago, Branyy said:

Especially that bit. I've posted quotation of the article earlier. It doesn't correspond to what Trump said.

I think pointing out false information (especially coming from a journalist) is very valid objection.

Lysol is a very popular brand of disinfectant in the US - it's synonymous with disinfectant in the same way that people say 'hoover' when they mean vacuum cleaner over here.  It's quibbling over nothing - and in no way renders his speech any less cretinous.

You're clutching at straws - why you can't just admit that he was being crassly stupid and dangerous is beyond me.