Mr Trump - All discussion here

Just now, Waldo said:

I was taking ‘innocent’ to mean factually innocent, as opposed to legally ‘innocent’.

Maybe if you said “legally ‘innocent’” you would have communicated your meaning in a less ambiguous way.

What nonsense!  :)

We are talking about the administration of justice here, and it's equal application to all!

In your own words:

"He should receive the same standard of justice as any other US citizen".

In which, and I repeat, under law, a citizen  is presumed to be innocent, unless found guilty in a duly constituted Court of Law.

(Just like the Clinton and the Biden Families) :)

What a waste of space you are.

Time out for you!

Edited by trastrick

There is an increasing trend in US politics to use whatever means to gain advantage .

Smear campaigns are evident and not only against the other Party.

Trump stepped this tactic up a notch or two in his first political campaign including rivals within his own party.(Actually the Trump Party has used the GOP as a vehicle for his own purposes)

It’s pathetic to see those who were the targets of his abuse,now fall back into line for the sake of their own political future.

As a result I am pretty certain that Trump will get the Republican nomination.

I am also certain that his current problems will only strengthen his support amongst his faithful.

The question is whether these problems will win him sufficient additional votes from an electorate that voted him out of power after one term.

I sincerely hope not.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RJRB said:

There is an increasing trend in US politics to use whatever means to gain advantage .

Smear campaigns are evident and not only against the other Party.

Trump stepped this tactic up a notch or two in his first political campaign including rivals within his own party.(Actually the Trump Party has used the GOP as a vehicle for his own purposes)

It’s pathetic to see those who were the targets of his abuse,now fall back into line for the sake of their own political future.

As a result I am pretty certain that Trump will get the Republican nomination.

I am also certain that his current problems will only strengthen his support amongst his faithful.

The question is whether these problems will win him sufficient additional votes from an electorate that voted him out of power after one term.

I sincerely hope not.

Yep, agreed.

As I said, his machinations are patently obvious to anyone with more than 2 brain cells to rub together.

Sadly, it seems a lot of people (both here and in the US), lack the capacity to see him for what he is, or how he is manipulating and using them.

Edited by Waldo

What does an innocent citizen feel about the 7 years of endless allegations, investigations, failed Impeachments, by a demostrable partisan CIA, FBI. Justice Department and Congress, made against him and his family?

Here's his response:

It may be of interest to those who studied the major political persecutions of history, The Dreyfus Affair, the Purges of Russian and Chinese Communism, and the McCarthy Hearings on UnAmerican Activities, because in the end, these major travesties of justice, have the habit of eventually being condemned by subsequent enlightened populations.

I'm optimistic that this latest, and perhaps greatest miscarriage and weaponization of Justice, and the manipulation of the common people, will meet the same fate.

For you young folks out there, when your grandchildren ask, What side were YOU on Granpa?, you will be not ashamed of your answer!

Peace!

Edited by trastrick

54 minutes ago, trastrick said:

What does an innocent citizen feel about the 7 years of endless allegations, investigations, failed Impeachments, by a demostrable partisan CIA, FBI. Justice Department and Congress, made against him and his family?

Here's his response:

It may be of interest to those who studied the major political persecutions of history, The Dreyfus Affair, the Purges of Russian and Chinese Communism, and the McCarthy Hearings on UnAmerican Activities, because in the end, these major travesties of justice, have the habit of eventually being condemned by subsequent enlightened populations.

I'm optimistic that this latest, and perhaps greatest miscarriage and weaponization of Justice, and the manipulation of the common people, will meet the same fate.

For you young folks out there, when your grandchildren ask, What side were YOU on Granpa?, you will be not ashamed of your answer!

Peace!

Perhaps they will be answered by a rational unbiased view that does not involve the politically biased view which made assumptions of  guilt or innocence before a trial. They be also benefit from an insight into a legal system that does not take sides. 

6 hours ago, trastrick said:

But don't the President's in the USA appoint some of the judges etc?

In his term, no doubt Trump appointed some.