Mr Trump - All discussion here

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Lots of wannabe moderators on SF.

I tell 'em if you need  to set rules for others, get off yer assets, and start yer own blog! 

Of course you can use your time and second hand expertise on an obscure blog from a little bypass town, that you left decades ago in the north of England thousands of miles from where you live.  

I was just pointing out how silly it is to make comments denigrating Sheffield and its people on a Trump thread.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Of course you can use your time and second hand expertise on an obscure blog from a little bypass town, that you left decades ago in the north of England thousands of miles from where you live.  

I was just pointing out how silly it is to make comments denigrating Sheffield and its people on a Trump thread.

I was merely poking a little fun at the Sheffield I knew and once loved.

"Look what they've done to my Town, Ma!" 

Not as silly as continually referring to me as a "foreigner", in spite of the fact that I was born and bred there, and hold a British Passport. 

Sounds a little discriminatory to me.

Especially when the local self appointed experts here are opining in detail on "foreign" Presidents, "foreign" court cases, and "foreign" wars.

But no matter! :)

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

I remember much discussion on the brain drain.

Lol

Speaking of which, I omitted to mention Sheffield's much lauded University, but I would imagine that there are more students born outside the confines of Sheffield who make up the majority of the student body, particularly Annie's "foreigners".

And I would expect that number to be even greater among post grad students.

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Speaking of which, I omitted to mention Sheffield's much lauded University, but I would imagine that there are more students born outside the confines of Sheffield who make up the majority of the student body, particularly Annie's "foreigners".

And I would expect that number to be even greater among post grad students.

Still wrong thread.

Still unable to get things right.

Two Universities 60 000+ students and 10 000+ local jobs. Thousands more in local businesses. Never has there been a time since the formation of the University/Poly have the the locals made up the majority of the student body. As for foreign students they are useful, they bring in a fortune and some have British Passports with and without rights of residency.    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trastrick said:

And I would expect that number to be even greater among post grad students.

I am sure that you are correct.

I am also sure that most Sheffield educated students head off to other centres to get their further education.

Thats a big part of the experience.

I believe that Trump headed to Pennsylvania to continue his education.

12 hours ago, RJRB said:

am sure that you are correct.

I am also sure that most Sheffield educated students head off to other centres to get their further education.

Thats a big part of the experience.

Yes, of course! But you mentioned a "brain drain"?

If my family and many other folks I know, are any indication, when native Sheffielders "head off" and leave Sheffield they never come back!

14 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Still wrong thread.

Still unable to get things right.

Two Universities 60 000+ students and 10 000+ local jobs. Thousands more in local businesses. Never has there been a time since the formation of the University/Poly have the the locals made up the majority of the student body. As for foreign students they are useful, they bring in a fortune and some have British Passports with and without rights of residency.    

Let's hear it for the :"foreigners"!  :)

On 14/06/2023 at 10:36, RJRB said:

You would be surprised how little concern there is in the U.K. as to the Trump adventures.

On 14/06/2023 at 12:02, RJRB said:

Us lefties😁i.e.to the left of the Proud Boys and Kanye West hang on your every word.

Lol

On 14/06/2023 at 18:25, RJRB said:

I may have missed this welter of Trumpocentric news over the last 7 years

13 hours ago, RJRB said:

I believe that Trump headed to Pennsylvania to continue his education.

Well, you could have fooled me.:)

Your knowledge of the doings of 'proud boys" and  "kanye west" far exceeds minee.

And you seem to be up to scratch on Trump's itinerary!  :)

Edited by trastrick

43 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Yes, of course! But you mentioned a "brain drain"?

If my family and many other folks I know, are any indication, when native Sheffielders "head off" and leave Sheffield they never come back!

Let's hear it for the :"foreigners"!  :)

I've been and come back four times Trasty , I was away for a 12,  then a 10 wi a couple more inbetween always come back in the end and am now destined to fade away here

Just now, cuttsie said:

I've been and come back four times Trasty , I was away for a 12,  then a 10 wi a couple more inbetween always come back in the end and am now destined to fade away here

But you've got the wife, family, pals and a garden, a great hobby to quiet the daily stress.

I have no connection to Sheffield any more.

I'm not a fan of Toronto anymore, with all the crime, homeless, beggars and all the other stuff it's become, but I do have family there, so I'm still tied to it.

Reminds me of Sheffield. They're spending $billions on super trams on the main thoroughfares, and bike paths.

They've narrowed the main streets to one lane in each direction, so the traffic is horrendous.

But the trams run mostly empty, one after the other, and so are the bike paths, Especially in the Canadian winter with snow, ice and Arctic temperatures for 4 months out of the year! (You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em drink!) Even walking to and from, and waiting at a tram stop, can expose you to frost bite.

(apologies to our erstwhile Thread Monitors for being "off topic"!  :)

Edited by trastrick