Mr Trump - All discussion here

14 hours ago, trastrick said:

Yes, of course! But you mentioned a "brain drain"?

If my family and many other folks I know, are any indication, when native Sheffielders "head off" and leave Sheffield they never come back!

Let's hear it for the :"foreigners"!  :)

Just to keep to the thread ,the only news I can find regarding Trump is that he is a tad disappointed by the disloyalty of Fox News and the “what about Biden” defence of his own shortcomings.

On other matters obviously we are sorry to lose born and bred talent as a result of the brain drain as our local government might benefit from a consultant.

What was your speciality?

However our university does attract students from around the U.K. and overseas and has a good reputation in the fields of science,medicine ,metallurgy,engineering etc.

My neighbours a GP and a consultant radiologist came to Sheffield as students but then happily settled here .A couple of many examples of the influx of talent that appreciate Sheffield and its’ surroundings and choose to remain here after their university days.

Incidentally the Supertram is very well used but could do with extending.

Cycle Lanes......less so.

15 hours ago, trastrick said:

But you've got the wife, family, pals and a garden, a great hobby to quiet the daily stress.

I have no connection to Sheffield any more.

I'm not a fan of Toronto anymore, with all the crime, homeless, beggars and all the other stuff it's become, but I do have family there, so I'm still tied to it.

Reminds me of Sheffield. They're spending $billions on super trams on the main thoroughfares, and bike paths.

They've narrowed the main streets to one lane in each direction, so the traffic is horrendous.

But the trams run mostly empty, one after the other, and so are the bike paths, Especially in the Canadian winter with snow, ice and Arctic temperatures for 4 months out of the year! (You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em drink!) Even walking to and from, and waiting at a tram stop, can expose you to frost bite.

(apologies to our erstwhile Thread Monitors for being "off topic"!  :)

I was going to post a link to Supertram usage and cycling in the city, to make you look foolish.

Then I read your entire post and decided that I didn’t need to…

3 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

I was going to post a link to Supertram usage and cycling in the city, to make you look foolish.

Then I read your entire post and decided that I didn’t need to…

I’ve just put a tune on the music thread for hackey lad.

I see Jack Smith's cunning plan to snare Trump of just sitting back and watching Trump categorically not remain silent on prime time TV is coming to fruition.

2 hours ago, Hecate said:

I see Jack Smith's cunning plan to snare Trump of just sitting back and watching Trump categorically not remain silent on prime time TV is coming to fruition.

"I didn't give the documents back because I might have left my pants in one of the boxes and hadn't had time to check" has to be the worst excuse ever. ;)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, altus said:

"I didn't give the documents back because I might have left my pants in one of the boxes and hadn't had time to check" has to be the worst excuse ever. ;)

LOL

if he stopped talking **** on truth social for 5 minutes im sure he couldve checked

• 3 weeks later...

Here we go again!

Should be another fun year.

CNN

Trump’s dominance of GOP field has America bracing for a toxic campaign

"As America celebrated its independence, while divided on the true nature of its values, it also braced for a toxic presidential campaign likely to deepen its political trauma and again push the election system to its limits.

"Donald Trump, for example, put on a July Fourth weekend show of force, highlighting his early dominance of the Republican race for president and the stiff task his rivals face in trying to thwart his bid to win their party’s nomination for the third time in a row.

"The former commander in chief drew a massive crowd at a rally in the key early state of South Carolina on Saturday, which reverberated with his false claims about election interference and over his indictment for allegedly mishandling classified documents after he left office.

"But the raucous event in Pickens also showed the enduring power of his personality and feral political appeal to GOP base voters. And, coupled with his lead in primary polling, it should be a warning to Democrats that the most disruptive president in modern history has a realistic chance of a White House reprise that would likely be even more tumultuous than his first term".

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/05/politics/trump-republican-campaign-2024/index.html

Edited by trastrick