Mr Trump - All discussion here

1 minute ago, cuttsie said:

Our Royals where big pals with Hitler at one time And Good old Marget Thatcher welcomed some evil dictators to Downing Street.

Trump is. Just full of himself money and power gone to his big Head , If he goes to jail (he won't)  It will be the best jail cell ever 

Yes, indeed.  Trouble is now, obviously, with Trump is that he doesn't only get to be a narcissistic despot in his own business empire, he has had - and might have again - the opportunity to enact his power fantasies with consequences potentially devastatingly beyond his family, employees and associates.

14 hours ago, cuttsie said:

The quote. Came from a reply to my post about old Joe Bidens lift not going up to top floor . He is a doddery old fellow like Slinny and me . Trasty replied and put in a little info as to his up and coming visit to the Norfolk on Dixon Lane , just a bit of light hearted addition to the post .

This did  no one any harm until you came in with your daft motive laughing and asked what its got do do with the thread . 

Who is Donald by the way  is he a Trump supporter or a pub landlord .

I suspect most on here no nothing about the good times we had in those pubs We could go out and play on streets ,you walked to school ?now their are rows off cars out side schools.’kids walking about with mobile phones stuck in their ears people going doing manual work Every thing now in sub let  middle men .you would see about four or five stabings per year in the Sheffield star .every day now Please don’t tell me things are better 

30 minutes ago, Slinny said:

I suspect most on here no nothing about the good times we had in those pubs We could go out and play on streets ,you walked to school ?now their are rows off cars out side schools.’kids walking about with mobile phones stuck in their ears people going doing manual work Every thing now in sub let  middle men .you would see about four or five stabings per year in the Sheffield star .every day now Please don’t tell me things are better 

Shootings were very, very, rare.

We were not subjected to the unreal television world .

We had no sense of entitlement but had a sense of respectability and shame.

If we wanted something as children we had to save up for it or sell something we already had.

I sold my air rifle to get a bike and sold my bike to get a leather jacket ( a Lewis Leathers Comet jacket cost 6or£7 from N. Jones shop down the Moor in 1963 )

Edited by harvey19

15 hours ago, RJRB said:

And there’s me thinking that he was just an inept self publicising celebrity who promised and proved to be unsuitable Presidential material.

What if Mr. Trump was trying to do his best for his country and he upset influential people by doing so ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

Shootings were very, very, rare.

We were not subjected to the unreal television world .

We had no sense of entitlement but had a sense of respectability and shame.

If we wanted something as children we had to save up for it or sell something we already had.

I sold my air rifle to get a bike and sold my bike to get a leather jacket ( a Lewis Leathers Comet jacket cost 6or£7 from N. Jones shop down the Moor in 1963 )

Still do that it's engrained in me  CEX staff  are on first name greeting with me 

3 hours ago, harvey19 said:

What if Mr. Trump was trying to do his best for his country and he upset influential people by doing so ?

That’s an interesting “what if”.

If the country’s requirements aligned to some agenda that matched Trump’s own advancement in celebrity,power and wealth then it’s certainly possible.

18 hours ago, RJRB said:

And there’s me thinking that he was just an inept self publicising celebrity who promised and proved to be unsuitable Presidential material.

Actually, in truth, he's a 21st Century political phenomena. like no other before him, who has dominated World  politics, since he first announced his candidacy for President 7 years ago.

Everything he does and says continues to dominate in the World Press, 

Has his own thread here on SF, that out paces Brexit and the Ukraine War, in views/comments.

At last give him is due!  :)

And you appear to be one of the biggest contributors to the Trump thread!  :)

Edited by trastrick

8 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Actually, in truth, he's a 21st Century political phenomena. like no other before him, who has dominated World  politics, since he first announced his candidacy for President 7 years ago.

Everything he does and says continues to dominate in the World Press, 

Has his own thread here on SF, that out paces Brexit and the Ukraine War, in views/comments.

At last give him is due!  :)

And you appear to be one of the biggest contributors to the Trump thread!  :)

Hmmm... :huh:

To be fair, I suspect a lot of people just pop into this thread to find out...

... where they can get a decent pint in Sheffield! :roll:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hecate said:

Not what I said.  Our leaders and theirs have done a lot of ****ty things but, with the possible exception of Boris 'King Of The World' Johnson, I don't think any of our PMs have come close to Trump's laundry list of dictator worship:  kept a copy of Hitler's speeches by his bed; expressed personal admiration for Hitler and a whole host of autocratic 'strong men'; demanded that military leaders act like Nazi generals with absolute subservient loyalty and obedience to dangerously uninformed demands; expressed a wish to rip up the constitution; upend the peaceful transfer of power; encourage the storming of the Capitol; and, oh yes, subvert the foundations of the country's democracy. 

Trump is running in 2024 to try to keep out of prison antiid to attempt to establish himself as a vengeful autocrat.

An excellent job of encapsulating the Leftist "narrative"/talking points on the current leader of the Party of Abe Lincoln.

Could been improved by a couple of Cites from credible sources, though!

The rants of an anonymous poster should be always be taken with the proverbial pinch of salt, due to the simple  fact that Trump was not elected to make Leftist malcontents happy!

On the contrary  :)

And in that, at least, he has succeeded!

10 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

To be fair, I suspect a lot of people just pop into this thread to find out...

... where they can get a decent pint in Sheffield! :roll:

I hear the bottom of Dixon Lane's good, if that helps.