Mr Trump - All discussion here

On 15/08/2023 at 10:39, m williamson said:

Robert Byrd acted despicably when he started out, he then recognised he was wrong apologised and went on record with regard to his past mistakes.

Well, he was either a cynical opportunistic politician, who made a lot of money, and achieved great power in the Democrat Party, by renouncing his despicable past, and therefore, avoiding any accountability, or he was an honest humble man, who genuinely regretted the harm his racist views caused at a crucial time in American History.

The same could be said about Joseph R. Biden.

We all have our opinions, and are free to believe who and what we choose to believe.  :)

Edited by trastrick

On 15/08/2023 at 11:27, m williamson said:

Obama is African American,  Biden is Catholic ( two groups that have had hatred spewed at them from the KKK )  the fact they both knew Robert Byrd personally over a number of years and chose to speak well of him  would suggest that there's a very good chance that he was the latter.

Wouldn't it?

Don't forget Hillary! She mourned the loss of her "freind and mentor" too!

Her, Obama and Biden speaking well of anybody does not impress me. :)

They are politicians!

I don't share their "family values" :)

Edited by trastrick

10 hours ago, Longcol said:

Trevor will do anything to avoid a straight answer to why Trump asked the Secretary of State for Georgia  to "find " 11,780 votes or put together a false slate of electors -  ie rig the vote.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/03/trump-georgia-raffensperger-call-biden-washington-post

Thats the thing, trump and his fawning supporters are trying to change history and say its politically motivated and a witch hunt but the funny thing is everything Trump and his aides said and did is still out there for all to see, its not been hidden, removed or made up.

15 hours ago, Slinny said:

Do you always talk like you sound A complete idiot 

Polly want a cracker?  :)

Edited by trastrick

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Well, he was either a cynical opportunistic politician, who made a lot of money, and achieved great power in the Democrat Party, by renouncing his despicable past, and therefore, avoiding any accountability, or he was an honest humble man, who genuinely regretted the harm his racist views caused at a crucial time in American History.

The same could be said about Joseph R. Biden.

We all have our opinions, and are free to believe who and what we choose to believe.  :)

Yes,he is one or the other of those, but leopards tend not to change their spots and America being the country it is there's really no need to do so.

The fact that millions support Trump proves that being an outright scumbag is no barrier to attracting supporters.

Combine that fact with the fact that Byrd became respected by people who belonged to races and religions that are vilified by the KKK then there's some reason to believe that his change of heart was genuine.

If not why go to the trouble of living a lie and pretending to be friends with people and groups you despise? Seems pointless, you lose support from the white supremacist's, possibly put yourself in physical danger and gain nothing.

" There is more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents "  I seem to remember that Biblical saying from my long gone religious upbringing.

If I remember correctly 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, m williamson said:

If not why go to the trouble of living a lie and pretending to be friends with people and groups you despise? Seems pointless, you lose support from the white supremacist's, possibly put yourself in physical danger and gain nothing.

Lol

He was a lifetime politician!

He made $millions, and became the most Senior and influential Democrat Senator, who had Obama, Biden Hillary, Pelosi and in tears when he went to meet his maker!

Cost him zilch, to renounce an organization that was going out of business anyway.

And Like Democrat Biden, even after he turned Democrat, he still, according to WIKI

"Byrd was a member of the wing of the Democratic Party that opposed federally-mandated desegregation and civil rights. 

What was that you were saying about "leopards no tending to change their spots" again?

(I'm disgusted by the level of ignorance and cultism expressed by the true believers of the Left, who swallow whatever they are told, without question)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Whereas Donald is God, according to you.

And where did you pick up THAT lie?

He's a politician, like all the rest. but he advocates, and has delivered, many domestic and foreign policies, I happen to agree with. 

Like keeping us out of endless foreign wars!

Strong military, low unemployment, low inflation, real wage growth and energy independence, among others!

And I believe he should have his day in court to defend himself against the charges, allegations levelled against him by his political rivals.

He deserves no more and no less!

And If he is found guilty, he should pay the proscribed penalty.

No ifs, ands or buts!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, trastrick said:

And where did you pick up THAT lie?

He's a politician, like all the rest. but he advocates, and has delivered, many domestic and foreign policies, I happen to agree with. 

Like keeping us out of endless foreign wars!

Strong military, low unemployment, low inflation, real wage growth and energy independence, among others!

And I believe he should have his day in court to defend himself against the charges, allegations levelled against him by his political rivals.

He deserves no more and no less!

And If he is found guilty, he should pay the proscribed penalty.

No ifs, ands or buts!

But not his opponents, if so accused - they are instantly 'guilty as charged'?

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

But not his opponents, if so accused - they are instantly 'guilty as charged'?

Another lie?

I'm on  here repeatedly saying, and I quote:

"Trump, like Hillary and Biden is innocent until proven guilty in a Duly Elected Court of Law!"