Mr Trump - All discussion here

2 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Another lie?

I'm on  here repeatedly saying, and I quote:

"Trump, like Hillary and Biden is innocent until proven guilty in a Duly Elected Court of Law!"

OK - I accept that, so let us see how many of the numerous charges are proven false.

19 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

OK - I accept that, so let us see how many of the numerous charges are proven false.

Agreed!  :)

Peace!

But again for the record, as I've stated above, I don't see how, given the current Partisan Divide in the U.S, and almost the entire U.S. Law Enforcement Agencies, armed with a hundred or so charges ranged against him, they can't find a partisan Judge, Jury, somewhere out there who will be more than happy to pronounce, "Guilty as charged, your honor"

Looks like the odds are really against him!

But he's nothing, if not a fighter!

Edited by trastrick

24 minutes ago, trastrick said:

And where did you pick up THAT lie?

He's a politician, like all the rest. but he advocates, and has delivered, many domestic and foreign policies, I happen to agree with. 

Like keeping us out of endless foreign wars!

Strong military, low unemployment, low inflation, real wage growth and energy independence, among others!

And I believe he should have his day in court to defend himself against the charges, allegations levelled against him by his political rivals.

He deserves no more and no less!

And If he is found guilty, he should pay the proscribed penalty.

No ifs, ands or buts!

He is a rich gangster who would do anything to keep out off jail.  If he had gained power he would have got away with his misdemeanours Do you think we will have riots if he goes down  I think unrest that’s about it  The public will soon forget him, Just like Johnson ,

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Lol

He was a lifetime politician!

He made $millions, and became the most Senior and influential Democrat Senator, who had Obama, Biden Hillary, Pelosi and in tears when he went to meet his maker!

Cost him zilch, to renounce an organization that was going out of business anyway.

And Like Democrat Biden, even after he turned Democrat, he still, according to WIKI

"Byrd was a member of the wing of the Democratic Party that opposed federally-mandated desegregation and civil rights. 

What was that you were saying about "leopards no tending to change their spots" again?

(I'm disgusted by the level of ignorance and cultism expressed by the true believers of the Left, who swallow whatever they are told, without question)

Why would Byrd feel the need to go to the trouble of changing sides, losing friends, having to convince new friends that he had truly changed and possibly make himself a target in a society that worships guns? White supremacist nut jobs are particularly fond of weapons.

What did Byrd gain? As  I said there are millions of right wing scumbags who would have no problem with his former views. I have no idea whether he was a true penitent or not but if he wasn't his actions appear ridiculous, unnecessary and potentially life risking. Ever heard of Occam's razor? 

You are apparently determined to believe Byrd indulged in a ridiculous convoluted course of action because it suits your personal prejudice. 

When it comes to cultism there is no greater example than Donald Trump supporters. As for Left wing I find the American definition of Left hilarious. The Democratic Party is further to the Right than a standard Tory supporter in the UK.

I have little time for politicians of any ideology, but those on the far Left and far Right are the most damaging to their countries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

Why would Byrd feel the need to go to the trouble of changing sides, losing friends, having to convince new friends that he had truly changed and possibly make himself a target in a society that worships guns? White supremacist nut jobs are particularly fond of weapons.

What did Byrd gain?

Lol

Please look up Occam's Razor!  :)

Here's what he gained.

A nice get out of jail card from a despicable, and failed fringe group, the KKK.

Rising to the very top echelon of the Democrat Party, a comfortable 51 year job.

$millions without having to run through black towns with a torch, and risk getting his head blown off.

Having the U.S. President, the former U.S. President, delivering grandoise eulogies, and even shedding tears at his funeral.

Do you know what a politicians "tears" are worth?

And folks like you, even in Sheffield, refusing to hear anything negative about him!  :)

He was just another savvy politician, a grifter on the taxpayer dime.

Here's one of 'em paying homage to the Marines who died in his botched Afghanistan fiasco.

Edited by trastrick

35 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Lol

Please look up Occam's Razor!  :)

Here's what he gained.

A nice get out of jail card from a despicable, and failed fringe group, the KKK.

Rising to the very top echelon of the Democrat Party, a comfortable 51 year job.

$millions without having to run through black towns with a torch, and risk getting his head blown off.

Having the U.S. President, the former U.S. President, delivering grandoise eulogies, and even shedding tears at his funeral.

Do you know what a politicians "tears" are worth?

And folks like you, even in Sheffield, refusing to hear anything negative about him!  :)

He was just another savvy politician, a grifter on the taxpayer dime.

Here's one of 'em paying homage to the Marines who died in his botched Afghanistan 

13 minutes ago, Slinny said:

You should have got a soapbox outside the manor pictures I would have seen you off the 95 bus

Good chance I would have been there at 8 pm Saturday night, hoping my date would show up.

Wednesdays and Fridays, it was the Embassy ballroom after a couple of pints in the Elm Tree. :)

• Like 1

David Duke is an American politician, author, antisemitic conspiracy theorist, grand wizard of the KKK who was also a Member of the Louisiana House of Representatives.

The idea that someone has to transform themselves into a reasonable person in order to achieve success in politics - American politics especially - is ludicrous.

Occams razor is the theory that the simple explanation for something tends to be the actual one, rather than an explanation which requires multiple assumptions to make it true.

The simple explanation for Byrds change of heart is that he came to realise his original bigotry was uninformed nonsense.

Your explanation requires him to come up with a cunning plan, go on record with his mea culpa, alienate his former colleagues and friends, form new alliances with people who he fundamentally disagrees with and live a lie for the rest of his life without knowing whether or not it would work.

Get a grip.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slinny said:

You should have got a soapbox outside the manor pictures I would have seen you off the 95 bus

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

Good chance I would have been there at 8 pm Saturday night, hoping my date would show up.

Wednesdays and Fridays, it was the Embassy ballroom after a couple of pints in the Elm Tree. :)

I met my girl friend on Saturdays same time same place Then town Red Lion or Basegreen Centre spot All toged up in Barnys Great days