Mr Trump - All discussion here

6 hours ago, Longcol said:

"Find" could obviously include "forge". 

But Trump is really saying is "fiddle the result any way you want, as long as I win".

When Trump said 'I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters' in 2016, I didn't believe the bombast.  I do now.  And we'd have our friend up there blaming the victim for getting in the way of the bullet that Trump had every right to shoot if he felt like it.

Has Team Trump started grifting merch with the mugshot on to the marks yet?

2 hours ago, Hecate said:

Has Team Trump started grifting merch with the mugshot on to the marks yet?

Of course.

Now available on T shirts,bumper stickers,mug shot on mugs,masks, etc.etc. and  all proceeds  to the legal battle fund.

Double down repeatedly is the Trump way.

It seems that Trump supporters will give him their backing regardless of any wrong doings (legal or moral ones )

I am wondering if he has converted voters to change their allegiance and follow him. It seems to me that he is losing Republican voters rather than converting the undecided .

4 minutes ago, Thorpist said:

It seems that Trump supporters will give him their backing regardless of any wrong doings (legal or moral ones )

I am wondering if he has converted voters to change their allegiance and follow him. It seems to me that he is losing Republican voters rather than converting the undecided .

What has he done wrong?

He hasn't been convicted of anything

And we all know the Russian collusion story was fabricated by Hilary and the deep state

This is election interference and anyone who doesn't think it is is an idiot 

27 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

What has he done wrong?

He hasn't been convicted of anything

And we all know the Russian collusion story was fabricated by Hilary and the deep state

This is election interference and anyone who doesn't think it is is an idiot 

In another thread Cressida posted an insightful comment on "topic/485444-latest-way-they-influence-us-tell-us-all-how-to-think/"

"Freedom is when one stands up against bullies whatever the politics,  too many of them push their way to the fore and the more caring politicians are sidelined imo".

(I have posted my response in the appropriate thread for this stuff)

It could be argued from a commonsense viewpoint that it may be Trump who has been bullied for the last 6 years, by the shear might of the radical left wing's influence in the Media, U.S.Government Agencies, and the Democrat Party.

That would include the Washington Post, New York Times, The Guardian. CNN and MSNBC. the FBI, (Comey, Strzok and gang, who actually forged FISA Applications). the Justice Department, Garland, the CIA, DNI, (Directors Clapper, Brennan, proven liars according to the Guardian), the 51 former Intelligence Officials who signed the infamous "Russian Misinformation" Letter about Hunters laptop, the previous Democrat Congress. and of course, the "Russian Collusion" hoax, bought and paid for by Hillary Clinton.

The day after he was inaugurated, in January 2017,  the Washington Post ran a headline

The campaign to impeach President Trump has begun

Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com › news › 2017/01/20

Jan 20, 2017 — The effort to impeach President Donald John Trump is already underway. At the moment the new commander in chief was sworn in, a campaign to ...

This was of course before any of the amazing variety of alleged crimes he's been charged with over the years, had even happened.  :)

It was obviously a question of "show me the man, and I'll show you the crime" a sentiment often attributed to "Lavrentiy Beria, the most ruthless and longest-serving secret police chief in Joseph Stalin's reign of terror in Russia and Eastern Europe, ..."

Now usually, when a major criminal is finally caught, and brought to Justice, the ones who did the job, are usually acclaimed as heroes, as one of Trump's co-defendants, Rudy Giuliani "America's Mayor" was when he relentlessly and successfully went after the Mob in New York, and the petty criminals who were running the streets, and made it safe again.

So you would expect some public accolades for Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler, Comey, Strzok, Lynne Cheney, Wray, Garland and Hillary. and CNN.

But that is not happening, the public have voted them out of the offices, they previously held. The leader in the fight against Trump, There will be no Supreme Court appointments for any of them, and CNN is hemorrhaging viewers, and lost its former position as the most trusted Cable News Show in the world.

Which is yet another unprecedented oddity in this case. :)

There's definitely a public feeling something else is going on here!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I have said before and still think it very relevant.

Straight after Mr. Trump was democratically elected there were demonstrations in America and England against him and him being elected.

Who organised this and why ?

It's the left who are the facists 

• Haha 2

On 25/08/2023 at 09:42, trastrick said:

It could be argued from a commonsense viewpoint that it may be Trump who has been bullied for the last 6 years

Trump wasn't bullied any more than any other politician, and certainly less than Hillary, who put up with far more baseless and now proven false accusations from Republicans, for far longer. The shear number of failed concoctions, in hindsight... is simply ludicrous!

Compared to the crap Republicans threw at Hillary, for far far longer... Trump had it easy.

Trump has no-one but himself, and his own conduct, to blame for the various investigations into his activities.

by the shear might of the radical left wing's influence in the Media, U.S.Government Agencies, and the Democrat Party.

...when (at the time), ~70% of cable viewers were beholden to Fox News, staunch Trump stalwarts, clearly nothing but sour grapes.

Sadly, for Trump, and your claims:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/08/25/ipsos-poll-trump-indictment-00112755

Some takeaways:

A significant majority of the US population believe the DOJ has acted appropriately, and that the charges are warranted.

A significant majority want the cases heard before the election.

Most people think Trump is the villain, his current woes a result of his own actions.

A slim majority think that Trump is guilty of the charges, even before the cases have started.

Half think, if convicted, that he must serve real time.

There's definitely a public feeling something else is going on here!

Yeah, but sadly the vast majority of that "public" think its the inevitable result of Trumps own actions catching up with him.

It seems, the common sense view here, does not tally... at all, with yours! :?

Imagine my surprise! 🤣

Edited by Magilla

9 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Trump wasn't bullied any more than any other politician, and certainly less than Hillary, who put up with far more baseless and now proven false accusations from Republicans, for far longer. The shear number of failed concoctions, in hindsight... is simply ludicrous!

Compared to the crap Republicans threw at Hillary, for far far longer... Trump had it easy.

Trump has no-one but himself, and his own conduct, to blame for the various investigations into his activities.

...when (at the time), ~70% of cable viewers were beholden to Fox News, staunch Trump stalwarts, clearly nothing but sour grapes.

Sadly, for Trump, and your claims:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/08/25/ipsos-poll-trump-indictment-00112755

Some takeaways:

A significant majority of the US population believe the DOJ has acted appropriately, and that the charges are warranted.

A significant majority want the cases heard before the election.

Most people think Trump is the villain, his current woes a result of his own actions.

A slim majority think that Trump is guilty of the charges, even before the cases have started.

Half think, if convicted, that he must serve real time.

Yeah, but sadly the vast majority of that "public" think its the inevitable result of Trumps own actions catching up with him.

It seems, the common sense view here, does not tally... at all, with yours! :?

Imagine my surprise! 🤣

Sorry to repeat myself but it all has to be considered against the backdrop of demonstration in the USA and UK immediately after Mr. Trump was Democratically elected.