Mr Trump - All discussion here

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Spending 8 years trying to jail Trump, flogging all manner of hoaxes, and trying to remove him from the ballot, does tend to deprive Trump's 70,000,000 voters of their democratic right to choose their own candidate,

Removing the other duly and legally elected and nominated candidate Joe, and his 80,00,000 voters deprives the other half of their choice.

That is awesome power wielded by a cabal of Hollywood, Media and assorted unelected one party dissidents.

Antithetical to democracy, and the people's choice.

2 political coups. worthy of any banana republic, in just one election year!

Have you ever paid any attention as to how we ' run things ' in this country?  How many of the UK Prime Ministers were elected by public vote since Johnson? 

No single political party has been elected into government in the UK since 1945 that has managed to win 50% of the votes cast. On each and every occasion more voters wanted some other party to be elected rather than the one that was.

Banana Republic?  In the last few years we've had a Tory government with an unassailable 80 seat majority from less than 50% of votes cast, we've now got a Labour government with a majority of 158 seats despite winning only 34% of votes cast. I didn't vote for either of them.

Awesome power? You mean the ability of the media to report on what's happening?  If there was only one side of the story coming out of the media and it was untrue you might have a point. As it is you don't have a point, because Trump has his support among the media outlets such as FOX, and OAN, both endorsed by Trump. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/trumps-address-to-congress/choose-your-news-how-viewers-different-news-outlets-see-trump-n726241

As for 'celebrities' supporting politicians Trump has them as well  https://metro.co.uk/2024/07/23/celebrities-supporting-donald-trump-us-election-21279748/

I mean 50 Cent, Hulk Hogan, Roseanne Barr, Kerry Katona, what more impressive artiste's could you wish for? Poor Kamala has to make do with the likes of George Clooney, Barbara Streisand, Tom Hanks, Jamie Lee Curtis, Carol King and Cher.

Could it possibly be because anyone with some form of moral compass and knowledge of right and wrong can't bring themselves to support a lying, misogynistic, racist, cheating, offensive, ill mannered narcissist? 

Perhaps? 

6 minutes ago, Bamanamanana said:

Only because the people critical to pulling it off weren't in place, an oversight that Trump is literally telling everyone won't happen again.

This is my point I guess.

Others will not let it happen, whether Republican or Democrat.

America would be in flames if he decides to not have more elections....it's not going to happen regardless of what he says.

4 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Have you ever paid any attention as to how we ' run things ' in this country?  How many of the UK Prime Ministers were elected by public vote since Johnson? 

No single political party has been elected into government in the UK since 1945 that has managed to win 50% of the votes cast. On each and every occasion more voters wanted some other party to be elected rather than the one that was.

Banana Republic?  In the last few years we've had a Tory government with an unassailable 80 seat majority from less than 50% of votes cast, we've now got a Labour government with a majority of 158 seats despite winning only 34% of votes cast. I didn't vote for either of them.

Awesome power? You mean the ability of the media to report on what's happening?  If there was only one side of the story coming out of the media and it was untrue you might have a point. As it is you don't have a point, because Trump has his support among the media outlets such as FOX, and OAN, both endorsed by Trump. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/trumps-address-to-congress/choose-your-news-how-viewers-different-news-outlets-see-trump-n726241

As for 'celebrities' supporting politicians Trump has them as well  https://metro.co.uk/2024/07/23/celebrities-supporting-donald-trump-us-election-21279748/

I mean 50 Cent, Hulk Hogan, Roseanne Barr, Kerry Katona, what more impressive artiste's could you wish for? Poor Kamala has to make do with the likes of George Clooney, Barbara Streisand, Tom Hanks, Jamie Lee Curtis, Carol King and Cher.

Could it possibly be because anyone with some form of moral compass and knowledge of right and wrong can't bring themselves to support a lying, misogynistic, racist, cheating, offensive, ill mannered narcissist? 

Perhaps? 

Kerry Katona!!😂😂 

That made me laugh.

6 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

This is my point I guess.

Others will not let it happen, whether Republican or Democrat.

When all the levers of power are effectively under the control of the executive (a plan to do precisely that has already been laid out, and widely reported) how would they stop it?

1 minute ago, Bamanamanana said:

When all the levers of power are effectively under the control of the executive (a plan to do precisely that has already been laid out, and widely reported) how would they stop it?

They just would.

Do you think Americans would let that happen, don't be daft. Even Republicans would revolt.

Let's see eh?

I don't think he will win in November anyway, not even close.

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

They just would.

Easily said, not so much in practice.

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Do you think Americans would let that happen, don't be daft. Even Republicans would revolt.

Those sort of "Republicans", like Pence, are already all but gone.

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I don't think he will win in November anyway, not even close.

True enough.

• Like 1

Just now, Bamanamanana said:

Easily said, not so much in practice.

Those sort of "Republicans", like Pence, are already all but gone.

True enough.

Kamala Harris has definitely hit the ground running, her speeches have really impressed me to be fair.

6 hours ago, Bamanamanana said:

Who says he has to?

In Trumps own words "it'll be fixed".

Lol

I bet you drank bleach too!

It's fascinating to see the level  of mass hysteria, that reaches even into the byways of South Yorkshire, commonly known as Trump Derangement Syndrome  (see WIKI)

They laugh him off  him off when he talks about a strong military, low inflation, low energy prices, no new wars, etc.

But when he's on the campaign trail juicing up up his faithful followers with a little joking hyperbole, to break the monotony of his 400 or so huge rallies he'll have under his belt by the time this election cycle is over, they treat his words like they are divine wisdom from on high!

Reminds of the old joke about the german guy who visited England. They are all crazy over there, they call this bald guy 'curley' 😷