Mr Trump - All discussion here

11 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

🤦

Commiserations to your dog!

Most people, of course, would regard such a question as a common sense question, under the circumstances.

There was nothing rude and disrespectful in the question to Trump given his own past comments.

Edited by Bamanamanana
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bamanamanana said:

They recounted some of Trumps own disparaging comments and public statements, and asked him why they should trust him in light of them.

Given what he was there to discuss, it wasn't in any way rude, or disrespectful.

Agreed. 

To me it wasn't rude or disrespectful. It was direct. It was uncomfortable for Trump, for sure. But it wasn'trude or disrespectful.

The counter argument of course is that the statements Trump had made in the past, which were the basis of the question, WERE unarguably rude and disrespectful. And it is right to question that rudeness and disrespect in the context of the event and his running for president. Why should Trump get a pass on all those things?

It is no different a line or tone of questioning that Jeremy Paxman used to be widely praised for at his height on Newsnight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

It is no different a line or tone of questioning that Jeremy Paxman used to be widely praised for at his height on Newsnight.

Remember Boris Johnson wouldn't agree to be interviewed by Andrew Neil.  Blusterers with few facts to back up their nonsense and plenty of chinks in their armour don't like anyone to question them too closely. 

1 hour ago, cressida said:

What does that mean,  notice you use it often?

Here you go  🤦 link to emojipedia below
Person Facepalming

A hand shown pressing against the head of a person, commonly written as facepalm.

Used to display frustration or embarrassment at the ineptitude of a person or situation.

In my own experience often used by people who wish to dig at another poster personally, whilst being unable, or unwilling, so articulate an argument about their standpoint.
See also previous comments about ad hominem attacks, which may be relevant under slightly different circumstances.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Agreed. 

To me it wasn't rude or disrespectful. It was direct. It was uncomfortable for Trump, for sure. But it wasn'trude or disrespectful.

The counter argument of course is that the statements Trump had made in the past, which were the basis of the question, WERE unarguably rude and disrespectful. And it is right to question that rudeness and disrespect in the context of the event and his running for president. Why should Trump get a pass on all those things?

It wasn't in the least uncomfortable for Trump.

He thrives on going into the Democrat's strongholds, and making the case for his re-election.

In this case it was a gathering of Trump hating, Biden/Harris supporting "black journalists"., where Kamala was invited to show up, but declined, due to "scheduling conflicts". She was happy to skip it and let her supporters in the MSM, do the work.

But, over and over again, the Democrats get burned when they allow him to address their base. CNN and MSNBC will no longer allow him time on the air.

Now, I say this having watched the ENTIRE interview, not the snips that the MSM decide to show. I know that those on the left will never watch the whole 40 minute or so interview, and will be happy to take away from it what their MSM spoon feed them.

But therein lies the danger. They seriously underestimate their political rivals, and are very vulnerable to waking up in shock, over things like a Trump victory, or even a successful Brexit vote!

You can see the interviewers, getting more and more frustrated to the point where they called an early end to the session.

Trump remained standing alone at the end, smiling in front of a subdued, even receptive audience, while the others literally slunk of the stage in frustration.

They made the same mistake CNN and MSNBC made.

The ENTIRE interview, the good, the bad and the ugly can be seen here:

Respectfully submitted.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, trastrick said:

He thrives on going into the Democrat's strongholds, and making the case for his re-election.

In this case it was a gathering of Trump hating, Biden/Harris supporting "black journalists"., where Kamala was invited to show up, but declined, due to "scheduling conflicts". She was happy to skip it and let her supporters in the MSM, do the work.

But, over and over again, the Democrats get burned when they allow him to address their base. CNN and MSNBC will no longer allow him time on the air.

Now, I say this having watched the ENTIRE interview, not the snips that the MSM decide to show. I know that those on the left will never watch the whole 40 minute or so interview, and will be happy to take away from it what their MSM spoon feed them.

But therein lies the danger. They seriously underestimate their political rivals, and are very vulnerable to waking up in shock, over things like a Trump victory, or even a successful Brexit vote!

You can see the interviewers, getting more and more frustrated to the point where they called an early end to the session.

Trump remained standing alone at the end, smiling in front of a subdued, even receptive audience, while the others literally slunk of the stage in frustration.

Respectfully submitted.

Sorry, I'm not going to entertain any post that uses terms like 'MSM' and we're not using generalised labels like 'The Left' on here any more (see pinned thread).

You haven't addressed any specific points of the actual interview, only generalised biased views, conspiracy and labels. You sound like a propaganda machine for the Trump campaign.

By the way, for information, I have watched the entire interview.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Sorry, I'm not going to entertain any post that uses terms like 'MSM' and we're not using generalised labels like 'The Left' on here any more (see pinned thread).

You haven't addressed any specific points of the actual interview, only generalised biased views, conspiracy and labels. You sound like a propaganda machine for the Trump campaign.

By the way, for information, I have watched the entire interview.

I don't see thatTrastrick has made controversial posts,  only that he defends Trump as I and others do on here. 🤔

26 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Respectfully submitted.

Some were suggesting that Trumps team pulled him from the interview.  They thought he wasn't doing well.