Mr Trump - All discussion here

7 minutes ago, melthebell said:

8 minutes ago, melthebell said:

he was talking to me, i said id recently that Johnny Marr wont reunite with Morrisey partly cos of his views, he'd been asked after the Oasis renunion

Okay, thanks for the clarification

9 minutes ago, cressida said:

Marr would need Morrissey more than Morrissey needs Marr - and solo is more money for himself not having to share it.

I think what made the Smiths special musically is that they all complimented each other really well when they played.

But Marr has gone on to have a very successful career collaborating with Pet Shop Boys, Kirsty MacColl to name but 2 other artists.

What really put me off Morrissey was his assertion that the rhythm section of the Smiths were little more than session players. A characteristically unpleasant thing to say. Like I said above, it's not his politics which have turned me off Morrissey but his diva like attitude

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Longcol said:

Worth a read if anyone thinks that Trump is in favour if democracy - in the words of pro - Republican officials  who Trump and his cronies pressured to rig results in the 2020 election.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-election-fraud-georgia-arizona-republicans-b2613698.html

Trumpers won't believe it. They are in thrall to the Donald. As he said himself he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose voters.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2016/jan/24/donald-trump-i-could-shoot-somebody-and-not-lose-votes-video

That's the level of ridiculousness we're dealing with here. It's interesting to speculate about the kind of personal lives Trumpers must lead. The lack of ability to determine right from wrong, or alternatively  not care about it cannot have helped  their lifestyle. The inability to use critical thinking to assess situations puts people at a disadvantage, including in personal relationships. Most people can suss out wrong un's when they meet them and avoid too close an involvement with those who will only cause problems. Falling for BS and trusting the untrustworthy can lead to unfortunate consequences.

Obviously,  there are some WUMs posting who make out they are Trump supporters just to keep the pot boiling. But those who genuinely support Trump given all the evidence about his lack of character have a very non- conventional way of looking at the world, to put it mildly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/07/19/trump-carroll-judge-rape/