Mr Trump - All discussion here

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

No wish to argue with you, but if he isn't POTUS, use of the 'President' title is slightly disingenuous, and as has been pointed out above, this could be seen as an election stunt.

Election stunt or not shouldn't really be the issue in my opinion. He's helping to raise much needed aid and that's the only thing that counts for me. 

As for calling him President?

I found this. No idea if it's true but it seems to be a reasonable suggestion.

What I was told at undergrad was that to introduce current civil servants, you use their current title; but to introduce retired civil servants, you introduce them by their highest-ranked previously-held title. This was why Hillary Clinton was referred to as “Secretary Clinton” even after 2013. So a former president would still be called “President So-and-so” unless they are currently exercising a title of their own (one former president — Andrew Johnson — went on to have a career as a Senator, for example; and [thanks to William Ward for bringing the name to mind] Taft went on to become Chief Justice).

That said, since the Presidency is a uniquely prestigious office in the US, I would expect that in the case of a living former president, introducing them by that title would not be considered grossly out-of-order, even if they currently hold another office.

https://www.quora.com/Are-former-presidents-still-called-president-when-they-retire-or-do-they-take-a-different-title

Just now, RollingJ said:

That link has conflicting opinions, but I, personally, tend to agree with Katherine Wallace, and others, who state 'their is only one President of the United States - the current one.

Fair enough. Tbh I think it's daft but it is America we are talking about. They like to do things differently. 

38 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I do, and completely without any self interest as well. It is I'm sure a complete coincidence that Butler is in Pennsylvania and Pennsylvania is a swing state.

That mans magnanimous and unselfish attitude is an example to us all. It brings tears to the eyes 😂

I'm sure he'll be donating some of the wonga he's made from selling Trump made-in-China $100,000 watches, Trump bibles, Trump commemorative gold coins, Trump gold trainers and what not.  Such a generous, unselfish man.

If this was at any other time than in the run up to an election, and if this wasn't in a crucial swing state, he wouldn't even get off the golf course to throw paper towels at them.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, butlers said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Dorian–Alabama_controversy

Or maybe they could have nuked the hurricane  to alter its path.

Stable genius

116 people dead so far, weeks of warnings and analysis all over the media:

I haven’t heard the environmental stuff mentioned in six months. I was saying the other night: ‘What the hell happened to the environment?’

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-climate-change-scam-hurricane-helene-georgia-b2621271.html

Trump makes false claims about federal response as he campaigns in area ravaged by Hurricane Helene:

https://apnews.com/article/kamala-harris-donald-trump-hurricane-helene-3097f1706455929adf5a4eb67f9cdf0f

7 minutes ago, m williamson said:

This is a Canadian view. Looks about right to me.

May be an image of 1 person and text

Would that be the same Canada that has a housing crisis, an immigration issue, collapsing healthcare, a declining GDP/capita, a rising crime rate that's increased 30% in the last decade and record level of emigration?

That Canada?