Mr Trump - All discussion here

I've been on holiday for a week but come back and I'm reading lots online about how his approval rate is going through the roof.

A bit of an exageration, they're still pretty low, but they are definately going up:

40 percent of Americans approve of Trump’s handling of immigration, a 4 point increase from February.

42 percent approve of his handling of foreign affairs, a 3 point increase from March.

52 percent approve of Trump’s handling of the economy, a 4 point increase from March.

Something along the lines of 60 percent of people (or more can't remember) are happy with the direction of America currently.

57 percent of people believe the country is doing fairly well or very well, up 8 percentage points from February.

40 percent of people think the country is doing badly.

In terms of overall performance, Trump is still doing poorly compared to previous presidents:-

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Great news. I think the US is a stable country.

More stable than the UK at the moment, that's for sure.

---------- Post added 09-05-2018 at 17:16 ----------

So DC89216, what are your views on Trumps Iran deal pullout?

Fresh on the heels of recklessly and stupidly pulling the US out of the Iran deal - and thus making a nuclear armed Iran and a Middle East arms more rather than less likely - the Idiot-in-Chief is now speculating about ''removing the credentials'' of media organisations whose reporting he doesn't care for.

It's one of the key indicators for fascism.

See here - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-media-credentials-twitter-threat-negative-news-stories-fake-network-a8342901.html?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1525866387

Edited by Halibut

Alternative view: it's Iran's own conduct (and not USA policy) that makes nuclearisation more likely.

There's no need for Iran to do anything at all in that direction; no other country is proposing to blow it off the map, as far as I know.

Alternative view: it's Iran's own conduct (and not USA policy) that makes nuclearisation more likely.

There's no need for Iran to do anything at all in that direction; no other country is proposing to blow it off the map, as far as I know.

or threats from the deal that was keeping them on the straight and narrow? funnily enough hes quick to get out of that deal but HASNT put anything better in place

I'd be very wary about all these 'idiot in chief' remarks about Trump.

he's obviously not an idiot. He wouldn't be the president of the United States, and got there despite having got almost no support from any of the established institutions of the USA, if he was an idiot. He obviously isn't, an idiot.

I've a feeling all this isolationist American exceptionalist stuff exemplified by this latest rejection of the Iran deal, is going to play very well in the box offices of Jefferson, Ohio, Erie and Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, Bristol, Wisconsin, and all the rest of those kind of towns where Trump knocked the spots off Clinton, left her for dead, and who Trump needs to keep sweet, to win the election once again in two years. Trump may very well be smarter than you think.

This is basically a thread posted by someone left of Lenin constantly mumping about someone who is right of Reagan, it is very tiresome and repetitive.

Trump is not 'right of Reagan' at all. Trump is not only not even a conservative, but he's also one of the most left-wing presidents the USA has ever had.

Trump's use of a mixture of left-wing rhetoric and a nationalism more commonly associated with the right wing was the reason why he won the election in the first place. And he is being careful to keep it up, because he wants to win again.

Donald Trump is the Most Left-Wing President America Has Ever Had

http://declanhill.com/donald-trump-left-wing-president-america-ever/

Edited by blake

[/color]So DC89216, what are your views on Trumps Iran deal pullout?

I don't think I'm in a position strong enough to say to be honest. I know little about the world of politics. I just don't understand the hatred for Donald. I hear he's doing a very good job and getting things done.

I have seen images and videos of Iranian officials burning American flags? This can't be good can it. Something should be done here?

I have seen images and videos of Iranian officials burning American flags? This can't be good can it. Something should be done here?

My Bold.

Like what?

I don't think I'm in a position strong enough to say to be honest. I know little about the world of politics. I just don't understand the hatred for Donald. I hear he's doing a very good job and getting things done.

I agree, he seems to be doing well. As for the hate he receives?

Pay no attention to it. Its just because MSM's darling, Hillary The Rape Apologist Clinton lost. People are still upset. They will probably get over it, or not but who cares?

Let them wallow in their own little bubble of miserableness

Well Done Donald Trump!!!!!