Brinsworth prefabs

As a lad I remember the prefabs across from the Atlas Hotel, I wonder when they were finally demolished ? Seem to think it was late sixties early seventies ?

Can anyone remember

Can't recall when the pre fabs went, but the Atlas itself was replaced by flats 4or5 years ago. Last time I went in was 2008 when I was over visiting and meeting up with my old mates from the 60's.Had my first ever pint in that pub about 1960 or 61. Happy times.

As a lad I remember the prefabs across from the Atlas Hotel, I wonder when they were finally demolished ? Seem to think it was late sixties early seventies ?

Can anyone remember

Do you mean houses or some community buildings with red panels below the windows? I used to live in Brinsworth from 1969 to 1983. If I remember correctly, there were some buildings roughly where you say with red panels below the windows. Not sure they were pre fabs as they were the same style as Brinsworth Whitehill Primary school which must have been built around 1969-70.

I used to live further up in Brinsworth but used to catch the bus to Whiston opposite the garage / filling station near the Atlas.

Hi and thanks for the reply

I lived in Brinsworth from 1959 until I married in 1975

As a lad my mates grandparents lived in some post WW2 prefabs which to the best of my memory were over the road from the Atlas pub, I seem to recall them been demolished in the late sixties or early seventies ?

Do you mean houses or some community buildings with red panels below the windows? I used to live in Brinsworth from 1969 to 1983. If I remember correctly, there were some buildings roughly where you say with red panels below the windows. Not sure they were pre fabs as they were the same style as Brinsworth Whitehill Primary school which must have been built around 1969-70.

I used to live further up in Brinsworth but used to catch the bus to Whiston opposite the garage / filling station near the Atlas.

There were a bunch of pre fabs across from the Atlas Hotel adjacent to Atlas Street. They were the standard type ( white panels). Apparently they were built in 1947. Can't find a date for their removal anywhere on line. I left Brinsworth in 1967 when I got married and moved to Sheffield, not sure if they were still there then. I hardly went back for many years. I guess you lived up Whitehill eh? I used to deliver The Star all around there in the 50's.

No, I lived right at the bottom iof Manor road but the old school was full so unless you had older siblings at Manor you went to Whitehill. Shortly after that they built Howarth school.

Edited by Chez2
Sorry for typos I’m in my phone

I lived on Manor rd and went to Brinsworth Manor school from 1960

I lived one street up from you on Whitecroft Crescent from 1957(aged 12)to 1967 when I was married and left Brinsworth. I never went to the local schools as I was catholic and went to school in Sheffield . Small world eh?