Rowdy hen parties and very sensitive women

Guest makapaka
No - it just acknowledges years of male privilege and entitlement and the impact it has on women.

Then by all means have a cup of tea and a biscuit or a nap, then you can come back refreshed and explain which of my comments reveal the hypocrisy of the views I consider myself to hold. Sounds exciting!

You believe that men aren’t as affected when they have been sexually harassed and assaulted because of male privilege - some nice victim blaming there.

You put forward views and statements about certain groups of people which you would never have said about others. People like you are very much part of the problem in terms of reducing inequality and what’s worse is you don’t even know it.

You believe that men aren’t as affected when they have been sexually harassed and assaulted because of male privilege - some nice victim blaming there.

You put forward views and statements about certain groups of people which you would never have said about others. People like you are very much part of the problem in terms of reducing inequality and what’s worse is you don’t even know it.

That's almost the same as someone saying 'they deserved it because...'.

I hope all these men claiming male privilege are also offering reparations to the black community due to oppression through white privilege over the centuries...

Enough of your silliness now.

I'm not making anything up that hasn't been said - why are you suggesting that?

Also if you read back through the posts - i have never tried to distract from the issue or to justify harassment against women. In fact, the only people who have passed comment as to the extent of what people do or don't feel when they have been harrassed are you and Halibut.

Why does saying something happens to men mean you are justifying it happening to women? I certainly haven't said that. I don't believe anyone else has - are you sure I'm the one making things up?

You don't believe this happens to men as much - which I have already said I agree with, but oddly that wasn't either of your points. Instead Halibut insinuated that because a man may not be scared or threatened then it somehow had less of an impact on a person , which you then supported. That's a very strange argument to run by two posters so staunchly in favour of equality and against harrassment.

In fact its a bit of a disgrace.

You are still trying to distract from the topic of women being assaulted by arguing about the far less prevalent problem of men being assaulted.

---------- Post added 24-10-2017 at 18:26 ----------

Taking it further, why is it ok for the police to give out advice on how to secure your home, defensive strategies for preventing burglars etc, but not for them to say 'and by the way, ladies, don't walk down dark alleys in dodgy areas of town wearing very little'. Isn't that advising potential victims of crime to be careful and steps they can take? Is that victim blaming, or sensible advice?

And you are desperately trying to find an excuse or justification as to why it's okay to blame the victim.

Guest makapaka
You are still trying to distract from the topic of women being assaulted by arguing about the far less prevalent problem of men being assaulted..

Why would I want to do that? Why would I try and distract from an issue which affects all the people closest to me?

I’m not trying to do that all. The fact that the discussion went that way doesn’t mean I am comparing the effect/impact on either men or women - or trying to play down the impact on either - only halibut, supported by you, did that.