Rowdy hen parties and very sensitive women

Guest makapaka
Impressive, you've actually used an example of victim blaming.

No I haven’t.

I’ve used an example of how people can reduce risk.

Unless you’ve got a solution to cure sexual predators via a twitter hashtag it’s likely to be more effective.

No I haven’t.

I’ve used an example of how people can reduce risk.

Unless you’ve got a solution to cure sexual predators via a twitter hashtag it’s likely to be more effective.

Using your example. If you were assaulted whilst wearing a Wednesday shirt outside Bramall Lane today at 2:45, who would be to blame?

They didn’t blame the victim at all. It’s a genuine question. No one should have to fear being assaulted - but youre increasing risk by exposing yourself in that way. I shouldn’t have to worry about walking round Bramall Lane in a Wednesday shirt but I won’t be doing it at 245 today.

Obviously there’s some genuine victims but some people on the #metoo hashtag just appear desperate to join in - racking their brains to find something that might loosely be considered sexual harassment....

“I had a boss that constantly stared at me. I never had the confidence to say anything until now”........give me a break.

That's the point I'm trying to make,if you don't want your Rolex pinching don't leave it on the windowsill.

People always talk about dangerous places on holiday and we keep getting told to use common sense,it works in all way of life.

I'm not on Facebook so why haven't your friends reported the assaults and get the attacker locked up?

For example, being pinched or groped in a club, not even being able to identify who did it, and even if they could how exactly would you be able to have them 'locked up'? Leave the club, call the police, report the assault, 4 days later try to describe the person to the police officer who's come to interview you.

One small incident. Sitting in a pub chatting to 2 female friends in an unfamiliar town. 2 random fellas decided they wanted to join in. We tried every way we could think to get them to leave us in peace. We tried subtle body language cues and ignoring them. We gave them a face-saving excuse "Ah, our friend just broke up with her boyfriend and she's really sad". We directly and firmly asked them to leave us alone. Nothing worked. One of them got nasty at our refusal to be their evening's entertainment, shouting at and insulting my friend. I honestly thought he was going to hit her as he squared up to her.

He didn't. We left.

Nothing arrestable there, just 3 girls made to feel unsafe and harassed.

---------- Post added 21-10-2017 at 12:32 ----------

That's the point I'm trying to make,if you don't want your Rolex pinching don't leave it on the windowsill.

People always talk about dangerous places on holiday and we keep getting told to use common sense,it works in all way of life.

YOU ARE VICTIM BLAMING.

It's can't be made any simpler. People who are assaulted aren't at fault, the person doing the assault is at fault. :rant:

For example, being pinched or groped in a club, not even being able to identify who did it, and even if they could how exactly would you be able to have them 'locked up'? Leave the club, call the police, report the assault, 4 days later try to describe the person to the police officer who's come to interview you.

Nothing arrestable there, just 3 girls made to feel unsafe and harassed.

---------- Post added 21-10-2017 at 12:32 ----------

YOU ARE VICTIM BLAMING.

It's can't be made any simpler. People who are assaulted aren't at fault, the person doing the assault is at fault. :rant:

Where have I said they're at fault,I am saying they should report the matter,clubs are full of cctv so don't give me that,every reported incident could mean they don't hit on the next person, and there's a lot of weird people about so don't make it easy for them.

Guest makapaka
Using your example. If you were assaulted whilst wearing a Wednesday shirt outside Bramall Lane today at 2:45, who would be to blame?

The person who assaulted me clearly.

I would still have been assaulted though.

If you're on facebook you should look at the #metoo hashtag. Practically all my female friends have posted about being harassed or assaulted at some point in their past. And the ones who haven't posted probably just don't want to talk about it publicly.

The 99% is the group who have suffered some kind of assault or harassment.

So they were 'harassed or assaulted at some point' by men they didnt fancy?

Because i think that its in the eye of the beholder totally dependant on if the women finds you attractive or not.