Jared Omara MP ..

Message added by nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

1 hour ago, Unrecordings said:

What is so galling is that until he actually resigns or waits for the next election nobody not even parliament can do anything about it (or even appear to want to do anything about it). In the meantime the Hallam constituents continue to suffer and be unrepresented

Absolute shambles, very worrying that everyone seems to have full access to the Parliamentary network without having security clearance.

IMO now the speaker has grounds to issue a recall petition, it's beyond incompetence.  Sexual harassment, providing access to government systems, breach of GDPR.

Someone needs to step in and put a stop it all.

Edited by geared

1 minute ago, prince al said:

I bet Nick Clegg is laughing his socks off.

Losing his seat was possibly the best thing that could have happened to Clegg, he was looking tired and washed out as a politician.

seven figure salary from FB and his recent expenses claimed parachute payment as an ex deputy PM £113k from the uk should put the pep back into him?

1 hour ago, prince al said:

I bet Nick Clegg is laughing his socks off.

I'm not laughing my socks off. I met Nick and had quite a lot of reservations about him on several issues.

However, if he'd got another 2,500 votes out of the 57,000 cast Hallam would at least have had an active MP.

What's more the leave side might have been more effectively challenged by Nick than Vince Cable. Although that's a totally untested thought, and we'd probably be in the same mess!

The swing away from Conservative to LibDem, and then to Labour, must make Hallam one of  the most volatile seats in the country;  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffield_Hallam_(UK_Parliament_constituency)#/media/File:HallamGraph.svg

Edited by 1978
Adde link to graph