Jared Omara MP ..

Message added by nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

He should have never stood in the first place, but there we go. Yes, he damn well should resign, both for his past comments and actions and that he seems an utterly useless MP on top of that.

Seems to me the people got the MP they deserved.

Voted Labour simply to spite the Lib Dems and ended up with a vile moron standing for them.

Well done :thumbsup:, maybe people will consider their vote abit more next time????

come on if only people who have been squeaky clean all their lives got these positions , there would be a lot of empty seats in parliament .Its those who abuse their position after they are elected that should be sorted out. Of course past serious comments and actions should be sorted out by local party before candidates are put forward

So, does hate speech trump a clumsy drunken pat on the knee?

Please can someone more politically correct than myself advise on this conundrum?

If Fallon can resign over a hand on the knee (or perhaps something worse still in the pipeline)...why not resign for your past, Right Honourable Member of Parliament Jared Omara?

There's a difference. Fallon has resigned as a Government Minister, but will stay as an MP. O'Mara has been expelled from the Labour party and is being pressured to resign as an MP

Seems to me the people got the MP they deserved.

Voted Labour simply to spite the Lib Dems and ended up with a vile moron standing for them.

Well done :thumbsup:, maybe people will consider their vote abit more next time????

Based on what?

There is no mechanism for checking the character of prospective candidates, unless you happen to meet them and talk with them or know them personally.

You cast your vote and take the chance.

I think it is fair enough to expect some kind of minimum standard for behaviour in any candidate standing for office (of any party).

If they are found to have lied about their past, they should be sacked and a new election called (regardless of party).

This is no different to myself being sacked from a job if I lied on my CV or harassed someone in the office.

They should be forced to stand only in the area they live in and made to attend a public event before the election, where local people can question them in detail.

They bring democracy into disrepute and are responsible for part of me thinking we should sack the whole lot and install a benign dictator to rule by decree instead...

---------- Post added 02-11-2017 at 10:28 ----------

Seems to me he's just an ordinary bloke, saying things you could hear anywhere on any day. Most of his fellow M.Ps have more to hide.

I have never heard those things said in Nether Green...

He is not an ordinary bloke over here...