Jared Omara MP ..

Message added by nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

It will be good to see this character of no mark thrown out next year in a by-election.

You are being fairly optimistic if you think that. In my view the government is collapsing and we'll probably be having another General Election in a few months anyhow.

I see SF has a mention in the latest Private Eye, highlighting a certain apparent contribution to this thread.

If we keep this local, based on his comments, it looks like Mr Omara dislikes:

All Tory voters in his constituency (that's 13,561 people)

Most Lib Dems (let's call it 51% of 19,756 = 10,075 people and a dog)

Plus presumably all UKIP voters = another 929

That makes a grand total of 24,565 plus the dog.

So in summary he dislikes 24,565 people and the poor old border collie, who cared enough about democracy to vote in his constituency.

In return, I bet more than 24,565 people and a dog dislike him in return.

Next election I expect a large proportion of Tory voters will hold their nose and switch back to the Lib Dems to sack this fool.

I know a tory was elected. I know it was a lack lustre campaign. Did you not get that from my post where i said Labour didnt need to make any effort?

EDIT - I actually missed the line of "until they voted tory" right at the end.

My bad.

EDIT EDIT - Engel seemed to try and get on the front of the Eckington leader week in week out until was caught in the expenses thing. She pulled the "I didnt do anything wrong line" and was much quieter after that - mind you I havent had a Leader delivered for years. Didnt like her, thought she was rubbish. Her predecessor I dealt with briefly and thought he was OK. Rowley is a local boy which made a change.

Labour did need to make a LOT of effort to retain North East Derbyshire, but it seems that Momentum were more interested in making the effort to get Jared O'Mara elected in Sheffield Hallam instead.

Mind you, I have to agree that Natascha Engel was did run the greatest campaign. The main thing we got from her during the general election was a 4 page screed in the Dronfield Eye in favour of fracking! She seemed to be going out of her way to alienate people.

But as disappointing and underwhelming as Engel was, she was still much better then Jared O'Mara.

Labour did need to make a LOT of effort to retain North East Derbyshire, but it seems that Momentum were more interested in making the effort to get Jared O'Mara elected in Sheffield Hallam instead.

Mind you, I have to agree that Natascha Engel was did run the greatest campaign. The main thing we got from her during the general election was a 4 page screed in the Dronfield Eye in favour of fracking! She seemed to be going out of her way to alienate people.

But as disappointing and underwhelming as Engel was, she was still much better then Jared O'Mara.

Engel always came across, to me at least, as the typical polished, parachuted-in candidate. She would have had no clue what the needs of people were in danesmoor or renishaw before she turned up and I wonder if she ever really did.

Engel always came across, to me at least, as the typical polished, parachuted-in candidate. She would have had no clue what the needs of people were in danesmoor or renishaw before she turned up and I wonder if she ever really did.

At her best Natascha Engel was mediocre. At worst she was waffling, disingenuous and totally unreliable.

As to the current MP for North East Derbyshire? Lee Rowley may bang on about being a "local boy" but his background is as the councillor for Maida Vale on Westminster council. Rowley's record on Westminster council does not look good and Westminster council Tories are as much of an automatic no-no for me as South Yorkshire Labour.

You are being fairly optimistic if you think that. In my view the government is collapsing and we'll probably be having another General Election in a few months anyhow.

Nah won't happen. As messed up the Tories are presently, they know they can't afford a General Election in the near future that they may well lose. So they'll cling onto power and ride the storm, hoping things improve in a few years time.

Back on topic, O'Mara is a pratt. But unfortunately for him a misogynistic and homophobic pratt, and so his political career is finished.