Jared Omara MP ..

Message added by nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

There’s plenty of posts on here that aren’t particularly nice.

I don’t have much of an opinion about him but it’s interesting how a person who is in trouble due to posting on Internet forums is being run down on an Internet forum.

The flaw in your argument is that he abused ordinary members of the public, just because of their looks or sexuality.

He is now an elected official, paid for by you and I, and is clearly underperforming in that role and being criticised accordingly. In the unlikely event he ever has a public hearing or a surgery or some kind of event where those who elected him can provide feedback, I'm sure they will give it to him freely in person also.

Guest makapaka
It's completely different. Insulting people because they are female, gay or Jewish is hate crime

Criticising people because they are nasty people who hold repulsive views is how civilisation regulates itself.

Has he been convicted of a hate crime?

---------- Post added 11-12-2017 at 18:56 ----------

The flaw in your argument is that he abused ordinary members of the public, just because of their looks or sexuality.

He is now an elected official, paid for by you and I, and is clearly underperforming in that role and being criticised accordingly. In the unlikely event he ever has a public hearing or a surgery or some kind of event where those who elected him can provide feedback, I'm sure they will give it to him freely in person also.

What argument are you referring to?

Guest makapaka
Ok ,you've convinced me . He is a thoroughly nice individual ,who despite his recent setbacks , is still working hard for his constituents :)

You're assuming I have a positive opinion on him because I didn’t join in with slating him.

That’s not correct.

You're assuming I have a positive opinion on him because I didn’t join in with slating him.

That’s not correct.

Its very simple.........

If you're not with us you're agin' us.

Some people see any question or different angle on thing as an attack. Their simple reaction is to attack the questioner.

Omara is my MP and I wish he'd give us his current thoughts about what he's said.

That’s not correct.

You seem intent on defending him

---------- Post added 11-12-2017 at 21:59 ----------

They can hang on for another couple of months and vote for someone else in the next General Election.

And all the while hes collecting a decent wage ,while doing nothing