Jared Omara MP ..

Message added by nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

He’s made several apologies actually.

I’m guessing that you’ve never said or done anything that you are ashamed of, given your inability to accept his apology and your unwillingness to allow him to make recompense. Must be a bit dull, being so perfect.

the perosn you are directing the question hasnt been an MP though. It's all very Jared (and any other person in the same situation) saying sorry once they've been caught out.

He knew he had said/written what he had done before trying to get elected

He knew he hadn't told the Labour Party that there may be something in his past that could cause an issue.

He knew when it when he was standing for the seat instead of saying "i've done and said things in my past that i'm sorry for and i apologise and want to serve my electorate honestly and you can vote based on an open candidate"

He knew when it all blew up in his face that he should have quickly acted to resolve things

But he didnt.

He hid his past

He tried to run and hide hoping it woudl blow over

He's only apologising because he's been caught out.

His actions, his responsibility. No one else, no sympathy for him. You want to be in any role in the public eye, especially one where you are supposed to be helping to run the country by representing your electorate then you better be upfront and honest from the start or you run the risk of looking like you are trying to avoid the consequences (sp).

If he had said from the start that he was sorry about stuff he had done before the election then people would have probably accepted it and he could have still won with a lot less negativity than what has happened since.

But he didnt

No it doesn’t have to be forgotten but neither does it have to be used as a stick to beat him with for the rest of his days.

He's a politician, so it will haunt him to his death.

Just like when the media can't write "Johanthan Aitken" without putting the words "the disgraced" before it.

Just like David Mellor will be forever known as a footie shirt wearing toe sucker.

Wow, you sound genuinely surprised that a young lad with obvious learning disabilities would be upset by the media circus that erupted after some grubby newshound picked up on some online forum posts that were made several years ago.

Truly mind-boggling it is, I tell thee.

Cerebral Palsy isn't a learning disability - it's a physical impairment. Anyone who has ever met him before knows he's not a vulnerable person. He's an aggressive manipulating bully.

I suppose saying sorry is not good enough for you then?

No, it isn't. He isn't some child spilling milk on the floor, he is a member of parliament.

Labour MPs call for other party MPs to be sacked/resign for less than he has done.

He's playing Labour voters as fools. The standard process is being applied; keep him out of the limelight, let him say sorry, give a sob story about how the right wing press bullied him but 'wasn't I a good boy in the face of adversity, I helped all these people!'. The Labour spin doctors at work, and the Labour voters ready to lap it all up and feel warm about it.

Guest makapaka
No, it isn't. He isn't some child spilling milk on the floor, he is a member of parliament.

Labour MPs call for other party MPs to be sacked/resign for less than he has done.

He's playing Labour voters as fools. The standard process is being applied; keep him out of the limelight, let him say sorry, give a sob story about how the right wing press bullied him but 'wasn't I a good boy in the face of adversity, I helped all these people!'. The Labour spin doctors at work, and the Labour voters ready to lap it all up and feel warm about it.

He wasn't an MP at the time though was he. It was years ago.

Are you saying you can only become an MP if you have never committed any wrong in your entire life?

Could anyone say that?

He should be allowed to get on with it now and if he doesn't do a good job people can vote him out next time round should they wish.

He wasn't an MP at the time though was he. It was years ago.

Are you saying you can only become an MP if you have never committed any wrong in your entire life?

Could anyone say that?

He should be allowed to get on with it now and if he doesn't do a good job people can vote him out next time round should they wish.

People should be given an opportunity to vote on him ASAP, imo. And not have to wait another 3 (?) years.

Guest makapaka
People should be given an opportunity to vote on him ASAP, imo. And not have to wait another 3 (?) years.

That's not how it works though is it - unfortunately.

The Prime Minister is doing more damage than Jared Omara ever has yet we can't just demand an election to try and get rid of her.

That's not how it works though is it - unfortunately.

The Prime Minister is doing more damage than Jared Omara ever has yet we can't just demand an election to try and get rid of her.

More's the pity :rolleyes: