Jared Omara MP ..

Message added by nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

But they would not be subject to a whip to make sure they vote the way a party wants. I notice in the news today that John Woodcock MP has now resigned from the Labour party and will become an independent. Sorry but in my books both him and Omara should actually resign as an MP and so should any other that decides to change sides.

O'Mara is resigning likely because he faced deselection and would not be able to stand in the seat and claim the bonus payments he would get for standing and losing. Now he can stand and lose as an independent at the next election. This two faced conniving idiot is not fit for the office to hold the of MP and knows that whether wearing a red rosette or standing as an independent he'll lose. The only plus side is that it has exposed Labour's lacklustre lazy selection policy, you might hope that the quality of the candidates would improve but it seems unlikely.

Edited by smiggs

We have to stop making excuses for peoples bad behavior.

Schools are full of parents claiming benefits clutching sheets of paper filled in the night before re little Jonny/Chelsea desperately hoping they fall under one of the modern attention disorders because they get more.......................... have a guess................... more............................ moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

---------- Post added 18-07-2018 at 22:01 ----------

That is not helping the child nor the parent.

---------- Post added 18-07-2018 at 22:08 ----------

smigs above makes some very sound points.

The same can be said about many in the Labour party. Forget colour, disability and all this recent gender nonsense, being over promoted is embarassing to see when in the public eye. Oh, don`t mention Israel either.

Forget colour, disability and all this recent gender nonsense, being over promoted is embarassing to see when in the public eye.

And there’s me thinking it was the Hallam electorate that chose O’Mara as their MP.

I wish this thread would close.

However, just when we need an Independent MP to say exactly what their constituents think, without any Whips to distort matters, we have one! Jared, it's you.

The Labour Party was for remain, apparently, but now seems to be for Brexit. The Tories were for remain, some of them, but are now for Brexit, most of them. Hallam constituency was probably the most in favour of remain in South Yorkshire.

Jared, please, stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, make the speech of your life in favour of blocking this chaotic shambles so we can get back to making the EU work for us and the rest of Europe.

If Donald Trump is in favour of leave that's surely good enough reason to stay.

Come on Jared, it's time to show what you can really do. You'll get mocked. You'll be derided, but at least you'll have done something for your constituents. Even those who now mock you would respect a fight. You can do it.

Stand tall, put the past behind you, look the future in the eye. Don't allow the Great to be lost from Britain, to see the United Kingdom falling apart.

Nobody expects anything from you. You've little to lose, but everything to gain.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man? The most unlikely hero, can it be you?

After all your troubles you will be listened to. You'll get support just for having made the effort.

Edited by 1978

i wish this thread would close.

However, just when we need an independent mp to say exactly what their constituents think, without any whips to distort matters, we have one! Jared, it's you.

The labour party was for remain, apparently, but now seems to be for brexit. The tories were for remain, some of them, but are now for brexit, most of them. Hallam constituency was probably the most in favour of remain in south yorkshire.

Jared, please, stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, make the speech of your life in favour of blocking this chaotic shambles so we can get back to making the eu work for us and the rest of europe.

If donald trump is in favour of leave that's surely good enough reason to stay.

Come on jared, it's time to show what you can really do. You'll get mocked. You'll be derided, but at least you'll have done something for your constituents. Even those who now mock you would respect a fight. You can do it.

Stand tall, put the past behind you, look the future in the eye. Don't allow the great to be lost from britain, to see the united kingdom falling apart.

Nobody expects anything from you. You've little to lose, but everything to gain.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man? The most unlikely hero, can it be you?

After all your troubles you will be listened to. You'll get support just for having made the effort.

megalolz!!!!

Apparently he's been told by his doctor to reduce his workload. As someone on the Sheffield Star Facebook Page reduced from 0 to? Seriously though it annoys me he hasnt resigned as an MP. Probably the MP salary is too lucrative.

Aye, may or may not be true. But as a member of the human race we all have our faults. If YOU were in this situation, MP's salary, expenses and the perks that go with it, and of course it should last 5 years, would YOU throw the towel in the ring and give it all up. Or would YOU milk it to the bitter end.

Angel1.

Aye, may or may not be true. But as a member of the human race we all have our faults. If YOU were in this situation, MP's salary, expenses and the perks that go with it, and of course it should last 5 years, would YOU throw the towel in the ring and give it all up. Or would YOU milk it to the bitter end.

I suppose that brings into question if a person has values and their own moral compass . If in this instance that is exactly what is happening ,then really ,really is this the right person for the job. It seems to me that is a big problem in recent years to have just too many career politicians.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quotes

I suppose that brings into question if a person has values and their own moral compass . If in this instance that is exactly what is happening ,then really ,really is this the right person for the job. It seems to me that is a big problem in recent years to have just too many career politicians.

Not sure you could call Jared O'Mara a "career politician"!

You'll never hear from him again in politics as soon as his term is up, let alone him having a career in it!

Edited by medusa
fixed tags

Not sure you could call Jared O'Mara a "career politician"!

A carCRASH yes !!!:hihi:

And there’s me thinking it was the Hallam electorate that chose O’Mara as their MP.

I think you'll find O'Marrow was voted in by misguided young voters in the Hallam ward. Their petty retaliation against Nick Clegg.

Edited by nikki-red