Endoscopy with or without sedation

They sprayed something to numb my throat in 2015. I was in hospital for 6 days would have only been 4 if I signed the consent form but I didn't straight away.

I was crapping myself but a nurse at Northern General reassured me. I signed the form and the endoscopy lasted 2 whole minutes.

When I had my endoscopy I was given Midazolam and I don't remember a thing about it. So much so that it took me a little while to realise that it was all over - and that was only because I realised that I was in a different room from the one I was in before !:confused:

I would recommend Midazolam !

I had the spray about 15-20 years ago. I found the procedure uncomfortable due to the air they pumped in causing retching type noises & feelings, but nothing came up.

Whist eating my lunch at work a couple of hours later, my throat was slightly sore but not excessively so.

I do remember reading my newspaper as I was eating, and reading about a woman who had to have three weeks off work after the same procedure.

I found it worse when I had a camera up my nose as the spray removed the lining from my nostril, which left me with a burning feeling for hours after.