Cost, electric cars

It's possible to get on-street electric chargepoints. The government are offering money for councils to install them. http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/transport-travel/electric-vehicles/street-residential-chargepoint-scheme

Unfortunately, you have to apply to your council to get one and most councils are not interested.

I have contacted Sheffield CC about this and am still waiting for a reply. Doies anybody know what their policy is, if any?

The council's probably don't want the headache and costs of maintenance with them, thats why few are interested in street-charge points.

Plus there will be the inevitable fight over who gets to park in front of it.

Electric car owners will want the spot for obvious reasons, but since when does buying an expensive car entitle you to your own parking space on the public highway???

I'd love an
. Did you see the ones on Top Gear?

They looked absolutely fantastic, but wasn't the price kinda high??

With reference to my post No 21, and the cost of my battery charge been £1, my missus was sure it cost more, "more expensive lecky bill she has always said". So I decided to research it, seems I was told more twaddle by the car salesman. It now appears the true cost of home charging an empty battery is £2.60.

The Mitsi PHEV goes on the 25th of this month. As an estate car it has done every thing required of it, we cannot fault it in any way - other than we went for electric when we should have stuck to diesel. I am absolutely convinced that electric has cost more to run than the diesel derivative.

One of the killers of our lecky car was at the beginning, when a twelve month charge card cost a tenner. Now that's ok as you could pull in at the named charge card charging bollard. (most service stations on the motorways or any where there was a charge point, IKEA for instance) and charge literally for nothing. But now that charge costs £6 EVERY time you use them, not good at all.

Angel1.

I'd love an
. Did you see the ones on Top Gear?

They were riding the Alta Redshift MX dirt bikes. Alta have no dealers in Europe yet.

Zero Motorcycles are well-established and have some UK dealers including

http://englishelectricmotorco.com/?page_id=148

---------- Post added 10-05-2018 at 10:23 ----------

It now appears the true cost of home charging an empty battery is £2.60.

The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV has a 12kWh battery?

12kWh x approx 13p cost per kWh = £1.56 for a full charge.

People don't usually discharge to 0% then charge to 100%. £1 or so for a typical charge seems reasonable.

They quote a 33 mile electric range. 5p, 6p a mile with no tailpipe emissions and a smooth ride sounds good to me.

Edited by Flexo