Ripped off by SF user

Yes, I agree with you. Also it’s better if the tradesman is a member of an organisation e.g. a plumber under GasSafe.

Thats what i will be recommending to S/F, all tradesmen wanting work have to publish there trade organisation number when posting.

Some people on here are not members of any trade organisation but they do a very good job for a good price

Yes, that is true. However, plumbers working with gas and electricians have to be registered and pass exams for safety reasons eg: carbon monoxide emissions etc;

I have known people having gas boilers fitted “ on the cheap” by plumbers who are not GasSafe registered. What happens if that boiler leaks or blows up ? Are you willing to risk your life to save a few pounds ? :loopy:

Personally i would not knowingly employ anybody that has not got the necessary qualifications and, in a trade organisation, the Electrician's who i employed assured me that they was nics (NICEIC) registered and could also provide a part P building regulation certificate. of which i stipulated i wanted in my S/F advertisement. it turned out they had none,

Personally i would not knowingly employ anybody that has not got the necessary qualifications and, in a trade organisation, the Electrician's who i employed assured me that they was nics (NICEIC) registered and could also provide a part P building regulation certificate. of which i stipulated i wanted in my S/F advertisement. it turned out they had none,

Just shows you to check doesn’t it ?:thumbsup:

Guest makapaka
Last time I checked taking a deposit or first payment before starting work was up front ,this is my point saying a blanket no payment before finishing ,isn't how it's done there are many ways ,how ever you want to call it ,deposit or stage payments or what ever it's all the same thing of not paying all at the end after finishing

There would be nothing to stop you arranging a staged payment for delivery of materials to site vested with the customer.

Or maybe that when the materials are installed you receive a payment.

You’re right it’s not overly dissimilar to what your saying anyway but as highlighted on this thread some people are mistrusting in paying someone money without seeing any works being undertaken or materials delivered etc

There would be nothing to stop you arranging a staged payment for delivery of materials to site vested with the customer.

Or maybe that when the materials are installed you receive a payment.

You’re right it’s not overly dissimilar to what your saying anyway but as highlighted on this thread some people are mistrusting in paying someone money without seeing any works being undertaken or materials delivered etc

Basically the minority ruin it for the majority