Why is not having motor insurence a police matter?

So you think I just haven't seen prosecutions for this offence on the news, and the police did actually do it before it was repealed in 1960?

http://archery.mysaga.net/archlaws.html

Or perhaps they have made a decision to no longer prosecute this offence? It then follows there may be other offences they choose not to prosecute. And there is certainly anecdotal indications they choose not to investigate properly certain types of crime due to resource issues.

Sorry, I don't understand what your point is. It doesn't help that you're responding to a question I put to someone else.

How often does the average motorist see a police car. unless parked at a sandwich shop

True. You don't see them when they are giving the awful news to someone that their relative has just been killed in a car accident. Or when they are dealing with someone who has just been beaten up by their partner. You might not see them when they are trying to talk a suicidal person down from a bridge. But people always notice if they are on a meal break and purchasing food.

That's why having insurance is a legal requirement....

But if you havent any money or assetts and drive an old banger (carefully), dodging the law may be more cost effective than getting insurnace. According to a quick Google - there are 1.2 million uninsured vehicles on the road - its not an uncommon thing.

But if you havent any money or assetts and drive an old banger (carefully), dodging the law may be more cost effective than getting insurnace. According to a quick Google - there are 1.2 million uninsured vehicles on the road - its not an uncommon thing.

The topic of this thread asks why not having insurance is a police matter...I've just shown the reason for that...I'm not sure what your point is...