Anne Frank train good or bad?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41803131

Seems to have divided opinion. bad taste or good?

on one side people say jews were sent to their deaths on trains.

on the other side people said Anne Frank was a symbol of tolerance of differing peoples.

personally im on the fence, i can see both sides of the arguement

indeed, but then it really does come with a massive amount of baggage on the flip side.

Yeah it does, its easy for us to be a little flippant about it but to those really concerned it must be a difficult thing to live with.

---------- Post added 30-10-2017 at 17:37 ----------

It is almost akin to opening up a restaurant in Nagasaki and naming it Fat Man.

I find it a shame that the people organising the naming of things like this couldn't have taken a few extra days to investigate the public mood towards the chosen name. Surely there are holocaust survivor groups that they could have spoken to about the desires for the naming of the train to see if they agreed it was a good memorial or not...too often this sort of thing happens where a lot a people are left very upset by something that was meant to be positive.

I think it is positive, it keeps the narrative alive when so few survivors are still with us. If it is a hardhitting message then all the better, what happened in the war was dreadful and we should remember. On the other hand this can also be seen as a line in the sand, let’s move forward from the horrors in the past.

I think it is positive, it keeps the narrative alive when so few survivors are still with us. If it is a hardhitting message then all the better, what happened in the war was dreadful and we should remember. On the other hand this can also be seen as a line in the sand, let’s move forward from the horrors in the past.

This I absolutely agree with.

I think the survivors of the Holocaust want the next generation to remember what happened and their stories are never forgotten.

You are right in what you are saying, I also think it is positive.

Also think it is positive. Read some negative dutch media about this but I cannot agree with the old fashioned stiff mentality they take it.

Many dutch are still very obsessed with second world war it is getting ridiculous, when are they going to relax a little and allow the germans show respect for anne frank.