The new Sheffield Ikea discussion.

dutch

There kitchen stuff is distinctly budget to my mind as well, and materials for a kitchen aren't the greatest cost anyway, labour is expensive, and Ikea don't employee fitters, so you're left searching for your own.

---------- Post added 05-11-2017 at 19:02 ----------

After going to Nottingham Ikea for the last few years decided to try Sheffield Ikea today. Will be returning to Nottingham. At least there all on one level. Concrete floors cracking everywhere you look. At Nottingham you start at the entrance and work your way round to the end, Simple

You'll drive for a 50 mile round trip to avoid having to walk up and then down a flight of stairs... Oh well, I'm sure they won't actually care. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 05-11-2017 at 19:03 ----------

When I go to supermarket, there are generally hundreds of potential routes around the shop. When I went to Ikea in Leeds (a few years ago so vague memory) it was more like a circuit.

How do potential routes help? The complaint was that you wouldn't know where to go to find the item you wanted. 100 routes around Tescos doesn't mean you know where the milk is.

After going to Nottingham Ikea for the last few years decided to try Sheffield Ikea today. Will be returning to Nottingham. At least there all on one level. Concrete floors cracking everywhere you look. At Nottingham you start at the entrance and work your way round to the end, Simple

You must be insane then.

Can't you just park in the Meadowhall Retail Park and walk through the gap in the wall by the old Aldi end?

It's only a couple of minutes walk.

We did. And returned to a parking charge notice. Not paying them. Never do. However I think we got that as we stayed over 2 hours.

---------- Post added 05-11-2017 at 22:54 ----------

This is great.

Soooo easy to find your way round. If you struggle I really do wonder how you get through everyday life!!

Now ive been twice i know my way round fine and the shortercuts.

Those complaining its on 2 floors instead of 1. Who cares! There are huge lifts to accommodate wheelchairs and pushchairs. Its on 2 floors due to its size and what they have to stock there. More stock, bigger building. Simple.

Some people really will moan about anything.

---------- Post added 05-11-2017 at 22:58 ----------

There kitchen stuff is distinctly budget to my mind as well, and materials for a kitchen aren't the greatest cost anyway, labour is expensive, and Ikea don't employee fitters, so you're left searching for your own.

---------- Post added 05-11-2017 at 19:02 ----------

You'll drive for a 50 mile round trip to avoid having to walk up and then down a flight of stairs... Oh well, I'm sure they won't actually care. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 05-11-2017 at 19:03 ----------

How do potential routes help? The complaint was that you wouldn't know where to go to find the item you wanted. 100 routes around Tescos doesn't mean you know where the milk is.

Ikea work with fitters. They dont leave you to search for your own.

Edited by Chazndave

We did. And returned to a parking charge notice. Not paying them. Never do. However I think we got that as we stayed over 2 hours.

---------- Post added 05-11-2017 at 22:54 ----------

This is great.

Soooo easy to find your way round. If you struggle I really do wonder how you get through everyday life!!

Now ive been twice i know my way round fine and the shortercuts.

Those complaining its on 2 floors instead of 1. Who cares! There are huge lifts to accommodate wheelchairs and pushchairs. Its on 2 floors due to its size and what they have to stock there. More stock, bigger building. Simple.

Some people really will moan about anything.

---------- Post added 05-11-2017 at 22:58 ----------

Ikea work with fitters. They dont leave you to search for your own.

We bought an Ikea kitchen a few months ago. Used their fitters too.

Can't fault any part of it.

From ordering to the after care - spot on.

It's early days but the build quality seems a lot better than I expected too.

I love IKEA, but their customer service (aftercare) has always been poor, in my experience (and I've had reasons to contact them over the years, ranging from missing and broken parts to faulty parts and a poorly constructed sofa - you spend over £1000 on a pieve of furniture you expect them to have take a bit of time to ensure that all the leather parts are remotely similar in colour and texture...)

The products themselves are generally well constructed, (occasional damaged/missing part) but build quality has altered over the years and some of the previously sturdy items have changed design to cheapen them. Having said that, they do still tend to stand up to being put together, dismantled and reassembled, really well - far better than other competitor brands we've used over the last 20+ years. Living in a tiny terraced house, we have often bought things and then eventually shifted them to other rooms, other storeys so being able to put them together and pull them apart is a bonus. Eventually, we've free-cycled things, as our tastes changed.

But back to customer care: it's something they really need to improve - if you buy a kitchen and the hinges or gas lift mechanisms pack in, it shouldn't take umpteen calls, letters and emails to get them to send replacements, (items which are supposed to be under guarantee, by the way). It's going to be easier now that we have a branch in Sheffield but previously, it was a costly trip to Nottingham to collect in person or plead nicely with them to supply the faulty parts. Get the customer care right please, IKEA :)

You're just nit-picking or at least being pedantic Cyclone.

Signs on the roof show me the way in supermarkets - (if I don't know it).

If I want milk, I look for the sign and follow the fastest route, and don't need to walk around 10 aisles with tins, frozen, etc. to find said milk.

Signs mean that I don't need an app of website to look first before shopping there to find the optimum route to the milk.

-

as it happens :D, I don't drink milk. I'd be looking for signs for the bogs if I did :hihi:

Been today for first time. As a wheelchair user I was impressed with layout, parking and lifts. No problems accessing everything. Very helpful lady on checkout as I'd forgotten my Ikea card. Helped me get temporary one. Wasn't too busy as it was Monday so husband not too stressed (he doesn't like shopping ). Pleased it is in Sheffield at last.

If I want milk, I look for the sign and follow the fastest route, and don't need to walk around 10 aisles with tins, frozen, etc. to find said milk.

Signs mean that I don't need an app of website to look first before shopping there to find the optimum route to the milk.

-

as it happens :D, I don't drink milk. I'd be looking for signs for the bogs if I did :hihi:

Your comparison doesn't work. Buying milk in supermarket is something very different from looking for right matching lamp in dining room.

He said that he already knew what lamp he wanted to buy. Perhaps you should read the thread more closely. His problem was that he didn't know where to get it from within the store, much like not knowing where to get any item from in any store you've never been in before.

---------- Post added 06-11-2017 at 22:08 ----------

-

You walk into Tescos, there is no sign to the milk.

You might have to walk across most of the store before you find the correct aisle, and the stores are of course much smaller than ikea.

Ikea though, you (should) have known that the lamp would be in the lighting area, you can go straight to that area, find the lamp, go straight to the tills.

You don't need an app, but like knowing where the fridges are, you do need to know where the lighting area is. It's very much the same.

Go into any large store without knowing the layout and you have exactly the same problem.