Opinions wanted on sensitive issue

I'd have been pretty annoyed about it too, but I'm not sure if I'd had complained to their manager without saying something to them first. Did you get a chance to say them that you felt their comments were highly inappropriate?

Awaits Penistone and associates saying things like 'PC gone made', 'can't even have a laugh anymore' and 'you'll hear worse down the boozer'.

Hope you’re not suggesting Penistone is predictable and cliched

---------- Post added 02-11-2017 at 08:31 ----------

It’s amazing how stupid these people are, making comments without stopping to think you wouldn’t appreciate it let alone get themselves in lumber. Happens to me a lot that, eg. hairdresser ( female)) to me “ you’re from Barnsley you must hate them” ( Asians), every time I use a taxi virtually first thing a driver says is “ i’m not racist but....” to be fair that was a few years ago. I could go on.

---------- Post added 02-11-2017 at 08:35 ----------

We have a few lefties on here who do that .

Right on cue :hihi:

“ lefties”,

I had two workmen in my council property recently and they made a joke about terrorists and one of them shouted 'Allahu Akbar'. Without going into detail I reported them and the one that said that got a warning from his manager. I was very offended that they made a joke about terrorists due to all the attacks that have happened. I was made to feel that I had made a big thing out of nothing and wondered if anyone has any views on this. Sensible replys only please.

My opinion is that you need to grow up. You should have told them that it's a bit off colour and please don't do it and they would have most likely complied a bit sheepishly and not done it again in somebody else's home.

You made a mountain out of a molehill and reinforced any minor prejudice that they might have had but probably didn't until you turned a bad joke into a employment disciplinary issue that could cause a hard working person to lose their job and their family to suffer.

Saying stupid things can have unforeseen consequences, including the stupid things that you say. You escalated something that needed damping down, not pouring petrol on.

My opinion is that you need to grow up. You should have told them that it's a bit off colour and please don't do it and they would have most likely complied a bit sheepishly and not done it again in somebody else's home.

You made a mountain out of a molehill and reinforced any minor prejudice that they might have had but probably didn't until you turned a bad joke into a employment disciplinary issue that could cause a hard working person to lose their job and their family to suffer.

Saying stupid things can have unforeseen consequences, including the stupid things that you say. You escalated something that needed damping down, not pouring petrol on.

Hmmm, are you so forgiving of Jared O’Mara MP for making similar comments? Let’s have a look, shall we?

Oh look, how silly of me, of course not:

Jared "pretty young girls want me" O'Mara has had a good run of fat salary and expenses for the last six months. He's been sitting on his ample behind worrying about Palestine instead even pretending to dothe job that he was entrusted with.

The greatest lesson he will be able to take away from his six months of invisible MP status is knowing that the women of Sheffield won't feel safe in his company again. It will be good to see this character of no mark thrown out next year in a by-election.

A little story back in 1989 working in a council house on the woodthorpe my trainee at the time walked in and said to me " don't know who that bloke is outside , but he's right getting on my tits ! " The woman replied it's ok it's my husband ! ( look of horror on my face ) !

Trainee replies " so sorry I didn't know " she replied it's ok he has the same effect on me !

A little story back in 1989 working in a council house on the woodthorpe my trainee at the time walked in and said to me " don't know who that bloke is outside , but he's right getting on my tits ! " The woman replied it's ok it's my husband ! ( look of horror on my face ) !

Trainee replies " so sorry I didn't know " she replied it's ok he has the same effect on me !

Shock horror. now had that happened today???

:hihi::hihi:

The worker was a from a company that I won't name but he was carrying out work on behalf of Keepmoat who are doing work for sheffield homes.

Had a similar problem with Keepmoat subbies. Had to have a word with them a few weeks ago and ask them to moderate their language as there was children about.