Last council housing estate built by Sheffield council?

19 minutes ago, Slinny said:

No public works building department, any more,  genuine council run department. not private firms out to make profits  only firms I know besides pwd was gleesons acroyd and abbots  and vic Hallam , those firms built council houses  I should think employed  by Sheffield council , but don’t know much about  that part off it  

I worked for Ackroyd and Abbots on the masonic lodge. at Shore lane.

36 minutes ago, Slinny said:

No public works building department, any more,  genuine council run department. not private firms out to make profits  only firms I know besides pwd was gleesons acroyd and abbots  and vic Hallam , those firms built council houses  I should think employed  by Sheffield council , but don’t know much about  that part off it  

Were Vic Hallam a Nottingham firm ?

On 23/09/2022 at 13:27, harvey19 said:

I find it amazing that our Labour council are not building affordable housing and are not being held to account for it.

What with pea nuts 

On 21/09/2022 at 21:45, Heartshome said:

Hi Slinny. 2022 new housing schemes at:- NEWSTEAD, CROOKES and MANOR.

also you might find interesting info, if you read:-

www.sheffield.gov.uk>housing>

title  =  Increasing council homes l Sheffield City Council   ok

Not totally council ,

18 minutes ago, Leo Tomlinson said:

Was that Harry Cooke Fox ,who used the Norfolk on Dixon Lane as his local , Aways wore a cravat and talked like a gentleman if its the same chap .

No I never met him , you told me about him years ago Harry’s was off Webern , him and snapy worked  together for about twenty years, I was with them five years. Hope you are ok .

• Like 1