Last council housing estate built by Sheffield council?

9 hours ago, will.i.ams said:

Is Slinny the one who worked for the council in the 70s lived  with other students at the time

Is Slinny the one who worked for the council in the 70s lived  with other students at the time

Just now, Slinny said:

2 hours ago, Slinny said:

Slinny. I worked on council when I was 19 but not for very long , I was roof tiling on pwd then I started hod carrying with Leo ,  not long after that , did that till I was around 43=then went scaffolding on new houses ,

• 3 months later...
On 21/09/2022 at 22:42, kidley said:

To the best of my knowledge the new housers on the manor are all private

Please do not tell me housing. association are not private , they are definitely not just council as some like to make out they are , 

On 30/09/2022 at 19:21, Slinny said:

Yes they did , I worked for them once with bill fountians first mate Arnold Snape. and harry fox . Other side off Chesterfield ,

I think Bill fountain's last mate was Nobby Keith Clark and his Son David.

Dave Ardron was their Hod Carrier then.

10 hours ago, Alextopman said:

I think Bill fountain's last mate was Nobby Keith Clark and his Son David.

Dave Ardron was their Hod Carrier then.

I met Keith’s son when I was scaffolding on houses  back in early 80s  also know his cousin david  marshal  roof tiler , He worked with Denis’s Hobson when he was a roof tiler , 

7 minutes ago, Slinny said:

I met Keith’s son when I was scaffolding on houses  back in early 80s  also know his cousin david  marshal  roof tiler , He worked with Denis’s Hobson when he was a roof tiler , 

Keith was Uncle to two other Bricklayers Keith Waterfall and his brother Glynn who passed away recently.

Keith's son David must have been an apprentice when you met him.

Edited by Alextopman

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

Keith was Uncle to two other Bricklayers Keith Waterfall and his brother Glynn who passed away recently.

Keith's son David must have been an apprentice when you met him.

I think he had just finished it  ,firm was McLean homes  Keith and Bills carriers was Dennis Stones Tony hessian  Bob archer and one from Woodhouse  went in George , and. Club   well know around Woodhouse  Dennis stones carried to them twice ,   I never fancied job. seven days every week ,  Bill once came for me  , The guy from Woodhouse Ted Lister . 

44 minutes ago, Slinny said:

I think he had just finished it  ,firm was McLean homes  Keith and Bills carriers was Dennis Stones Tony hessian  Bob archer and one from Woodhouse  went in George , and. Club   well know around Woodhouse  Dennis stones carried to them twice ,   I never fancied job. seven days every week ,  Bill once came for me  , The guy from Woodhouse Ted Lister . 

I don't blame you for not wanting it.

If I remember corrrectly McLean Homes were those sharp rough bricks that tore your hands or gloves to bits, I hated them.

I was once on a job where Tony Hessian came on as a Bricklayer and he packed in before Dinner.

On 24/01/2023 at 12:12, Alextopman said:

I don't blame you for not wanting it.

If I remember corrrectly McLean Homes were those sharp rough bricks that tore your hands or gloves to bits, I hated them.

I was once on a job where Tony Hessian came on as a Bricklayer and he packed in before Dinner.

Tony packed up with Allan and Roy Michel on Hassels , I went with them for about a year , Then went with farther and son both Albert Fields , They could shift some work , 

2 minutes ago, Slinny said:

Tony packed up with Allan and Roy Michel on Hassels , I went with them for about a year , Then went with farther and son both Albert Fields , They could shift some work , 

My Dad used to meet Albert for a drink in town every Friday, there was a few of them and the staff at Lloyds Wetherspoons used to call them "The Posh Pensioners" because they were all so smartly dressed.